FS: 2006 Suzuki Z400 ATV, tons of mods

TRMN8TR

***I'm out of town until July 8th, just wanted to get this listed to see if there's any interest***

2006 Z400, asking $3200. Price includes all the spares and extras I have, if you don't want them I can work on the price.

Bought 2 winters ago and did a "frame off" restoration along with lots of mods. The list of mods and rebuilt items is long, but I figured I'll list them all so you can see what was done. Only 3 short rides on it since all the work was done, which is my main reason for selling.

I'll list the only 2 negatives I can think of before all the good. It could use rear brake pads. The plastics have some small cracks and plenty of scratches.

Engine rebuild and performance stuff:

• Kibblewhite stainless intake/exhaust valves
  • Hot Cams intake/exhaust cams
  • New cam chain
  • Ferrea intake valve springs
  • DRZe lower gasket kit (raises compression a bit)
  • New piston/rings/honed cylinder
  • Full Yoshimura exhaust, header and muffler (I bought this one used)
  • FCR39 flat slide carb from a yzf 450 (ncvq needle, new jets, carb rebuilt, choke relocator, a/f screw, etc)
  • Pro Design air filter kit (replaces horrible stock filter that leads to dust in the engine, destroying the shitty stock intake valves. this is the most common failure on a z400)

Other stuff:

• Replaced every bushing/bearing like axle bearings, suspension linkage, swingarm, wheel bearings, steering stem bushing, etc.
  • new front pads and rotors
  • new chain and sprockets
  • American Star +2 A arms with new ball joints, tie rods and ends
  • Stainless front brake lines
  • ITP Baja rims with ITP Holeshot HD 6 ply tires, and excellent xc/trail riding tire and wheel combo (front rims are 4/1 offset vs. stock 3/2, so the front is only widened by 1 inch per side even though the a arms are +2)
  • Chrome steering stem
  • Recovered seat
  • PowerMad handguards
  • Fly Racing starter switch
  • 2009 handlebars with new grips
  • Tusk front grab bar
  • Armadillo swingarm skid plate

Extras:

• 2 sets of stock a arms and a new bearing kit for them
  • Stock front rims/tires. Tires don't have much life left and the rims are banged up
  • Stock rear rims/ITP tires. The rear rims are in better shape, tires are probably 90% but only 4 ply.
  • Extra plugs/filters
  • Clymer manual
  • GT thunder rear shock sprung for 190 lb rider
  • Tons of receipts and instructions for ASR a arms
  • Extra set of front brake pads

With the full exhaust, bigger carb, and cams in this thing it can breath well and really rips. Will keep up with 450's, and it has reverse! In my opinion this is one of the best trail riding sport quads out there.

If you have any questions just ask. I'll get some more pics with all the plastics on when I get back from vacation after July 8th.

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0316.jpg

Thanks guys. I definitely did go over budget rebuilding this. I had full intentions of riding the piss out of it. Then all my riding buddies moved or got rid of their quads, and I got more into racing bikes. Rather see it go to someone who can ride it and enjoy it.

You know, there is a group of guys on OR that ride atvs together all the time.

You're welcomed to bring it out and ride with us.

Haha trust me I'd love to. It just sucks having to trailer it 3.5 hours to go ride at WNF. Ultimately I just don't have time for it. Too many toys, not enough weekends in summer to enjoy them all. Something's gotta go. When I bought this thing I also wasn't travelling for work quite as much as I am now. I'm gone somewhere just about every week.

Nice looking rebuild. See you at Wayne in a couple weeks!!

Too far to do it more than a couple times a year. Most of my available weekends are already tied up at the racetrack.

But if any of you guys that ride all the time can find me a buyer, I'll offer a $50 finder fee.

• Upvote 1