QSL Columbus Wednesday bike night

benhur

We are more into riding and not parading around all dressed up in pirate gear and making noise here, that might have something to do with the lack of interest. Hope you had fun though, that is all that matters. ;)

I would rather hang with the pirates than a bunch of squids on sportbikes doing whoolies, a buck ten on the freeway and passing on the double yellow line. Pirates are much safer and don't hurt anyone else.

• Upvote 3

I like checking out the bikes as well. We were trying to make it up, but couldn't find any local, fellow pirates to make the voyage. Maybe next week.

Maybe we could send a few up your way, we have more tha enough. Or you come down here, every night is bike night at the clubhouse.

Except when they're on the road between one bar to the next.  I'll grant you this riding accounts for a very limited amount of time!

Here is two pirates on the way to the next bar.

I would rather hang with the pirates than a bunch of squids on sportbikes doing whoolies, a buck ten on the freeway and passing on the double yellow line. Pirates are much safer and don't hurt anyone else.

You had me right up until that last sentence.  Speaking strictly about the QSL crowd, when I watch hordes of cruiser riders hang out at the bar all night and get loaded, I find that statement dubious.  Even worse, in my mind, is that they have to walk past a county sheriff at the door, then possibly ride past another sheriff at an exit, but for some reason they never get lit up for DUI.  However, you find a sportbike with a questionable exhaust and it's cop open season.  Again, this is just from my observations from the Columbus QSL bike night. YMMV, void where prohibited.

• Upvote 2

You had me right up until that last sentence.  Speaking strictly about the QSL crowd, when I watch hordes of cruiser riders hang out at the bar all night and get loaded, I find that statement dubious.  Even worse, in my mind, is that they have to walk past a county sheriff at the door, then possibly ride past another sheriff at an exit, but for some reason they never get lit up for DUI.  However, you find a sportbike with a questionable exhaust and it's cop open season.  Again, this is just from my observations from the Columbus QSL bike night. YMMV, void where prohibited.

I didn't say the drunk pirates were safe, I said they were safer. There is a difference, and I stand by that comment. I would rather get hit by a drunk pirate going 30 than a power rump ranger going 110.

I didn't say the drunk pirates were safe, I said they were safer. There is a difference, and I stand by that comment. I would rather get hit by a drunk pirate going 30 than a power rump ranger going 110.

I can't argue with that, but I can argue that the collision with the drunk pirate was entirely preventable if the on-site police were doing their jobs instead of collecting their overtime for the security gig.

• Upvote 1

I can't argue with that, but I can argue that the collision with the drunk pirate was entirely preventable if the on-site police were doing their jobs instead of collecting their overtime for the security gig.

Agreed. That kind of in your face dwi needs to be addressed. I will end my thoughts on this thread with this:

Last bike night I went to I met up with a few OR sportbikers. They were drinking.

Agreed. That kind of in your face dwi needs to be addressed. I will end my thoughts on this thread with this:

Last bike night I went to I met up with a few OR sportbikers. They were drinking.

You must be mistaken, only pirates on cruisers do that sort of thing.  Maybe next Wednesday we'll come up and get shit faced and try to ride home.

You must be mistaken, only pirates on cruisers do that sort of thing. Maybe next Wednesday we'll come up and get shit faced and try to ride home.

If we are going to roll like sportbikers we need to gear up like them. Thankfully Kmart has what we need on sale.

zy8yjyqy.jpg

• Upvote 3

I don't know anybody there but when the ORDN guys show we always had a nice time getting food and chatting later.

That and some of the bikes there are pretty interesting. Haven't made it this year but I might just to see the bikes.

The pirates and the squids make for a nice mix in the crowd, but you can always tell the real riders by their bikes.

Meh, if your bored and it's a Wednesday....

• Upvote 1

I don't know anybody there but when the ORDN guys show we always had a nice time getting food and chatting later.

That and some of the bikes there are pretty interesting. Haven't made it this year but I might just to see the bikes.

The pirates and the squids make for a nice mix in the crowd, but you can always tell the real riders by their bikes.

Meh, if your bored and it's a Wednesday....

We did, no question about that.  I was just tired of seeing the Harley guys walk past the cops with impunity after being at the bar all night, while some sportbike riders get popped for loud exhausts.

• Upvote 1

We did, no question about that. I was just tired of seeing the Harley guys walk past the cops with impunity after being at the bar all night, while some sportbike riders get popped for loud exhausts.

Pretty much exactly why we (Carie and I) stopped going. Plus, it was taking hours to get a seat and eat. I would love to get another ride and eat going. I just don't have the time right now. :/

We did, no question about that.  I was just tired of seeing the Harley guys walk past the cops with impunity after being at the bar all night, while some sportbike riders get popped for loud exhausts.

Pretty much exactly why we (Carie and I) stopped going. Plus, it was taking hours to get a seat and eat. I would love to get another ride and eat going. I just don't have the time right now. :/

True on both counts.

Used to go down the street a bit and get some chow after seeing the "Show". But even so, after awhile it started taking quite a long time to get an order of wings. More than once there were literally over 1000 bikes of every type and even squadrons of scooters. Quite a spectacle.

Always loved the Helicopter action, very intimidating. :lol:

we should try to have our own ORDN bike nights again like we did back in the day at lodge bar and buffalo wings and rings. i always had good times at those. 

Edited by John
  • Upvote 1