Have temps - what to upgrade to next?

YZ250

I currently have my TIPIC and would like to take the skills test so I can get my license/endorsement.

My question is...once I pass my skills test, what is the logical thing to do? Get the motorcycle endorsement or get the motorcycle only license? I have a valid driver's license.

Thanks!

I'm not sure it's possible to have a valid driver's license AND a Motorcycle-only license. That being said, the endorsement is the logical choice anyway. Endorsement means you'd only need to have one card, gets automatically renewed each time you get a new license, and would probably be cheaper since they only print one card vs. two. 

Take the MSF course. You will learn how to ride a lot better than by yourself and at the end you get the equivalent of a passing grade on the skills test, then you just get your endorsement.

This. Learn safe riding technique and you don't have to take the skills test

Great, thanks for the help everyone.

Another quick question...I took a knowledge test in order to get my TIPIC. Do I have to take another knowledge test in order to get my endorsement? Or do I simply have to take the skills test?

Another quick question...I took a knowledge test in order to get my TIPIC. Do I have to take another knowledge test in order to get my endorsement? Or do I simply have to take the skills test?

Skills test and rudimentary inspection of the bike. It was not difficult, although several in the group did not pass that morning.

+1 for the MSF basic rider course. May as well get actual riding lessons while earning your endorsement. Not to mention that a lot of insurance companies offer a reimbursement for taking the MSF courses which virtually pay you to take the course. Enroll asap before classes fill up, unless you're local to a testing site to where you may get lucky enough to walk-on if someone else cancels

Should just be the State's standard maneuverability test, no other written tests should be needed.

I believe you can get a motorcycle only license in Ohio.  But,

not if you already have a driver's license.  Then you get a

motorcycle endorsement added to your driver's license.  I

don't think you have a choice in that.  There is no second

knowledge test.  That's a one time thing for motorcycle.

As for the skills test, do as has been suggested already.

Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Beginning Riders

Course, the BRC.  It cost you $50 US if you take it through

the state.  Dealers will charge $200 or more.  The $150

that you save can be spent towards proper riding gear

which you need to have to keep your skin on your body if

you go sliding on your belly down the roadway.

Here.  Click it.  Read it.  And don't text and ride.  :D

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/

Edited by JackFlash

those who ride with me, know I'm a HUGE advocate of the MSF course. I feel you will learn more in that class, than you could learn in 3 seasons of riding on the street. Once you get the MSF down, get your license , and ride a little. Sign up for a novice track day. I assure you, even if you don't want to go fast, and don't have any interest in track riding, you will learn a TON. 

• Upvote 1