Bud Light

Casper

Yup.  Bud Light is about 90% water and Im yet to meet someone who appreciates a quality beer who drinks it.  Especially with all the great, local, craft breweries that are in Ohio, I dont know why anyone would waste their time with Bud Light.

• Upvote 1

Use to drink BL all the time but I almost can't stand it now. So now I drink Miller and back then I couldn't stand it. :dunno: My #2 is Black Crown now, but I'm no beer snob ill drink anything if you hand it to me [emoji1]

Edited by 2talltim

My Dad drank bottled Blatz while I was growing up. So around age 6 or more when I was sent to the fridge to fetch him one, I'd always snooker a swig or 2 if I could twist the cap off before I handed it to him. Just one of our cool little father/son moments back then.

Got old enough to actually drink and tried to wrap my head around how he stomached that slop for years, nasty imo.

I tried domestics, Coors was an early favorite until I opened my palette and began craft sampling. There's not many a beer I wont drink other than Guinness, that is some heavy knife and fork brew - I dont dig it at all, although I've heard it's vastly different overseas from the tap.

Bud and Natural are equally crappy to me, but I could see where guys on a budget, or those who slam a dozen a day, would favor it. Everyone is different, and have varying tastes/preferences.....but if you shun away from craft sampling, you are truly missing out fellas. Do yourself a favor and at least try other brews, there are thousands of recipes out there that better represent the true heritage of beer.

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 2

Drinking light beer is pointless.  Other countries laugh at Americans when the subject of light beer comes up.  Maybe we should have some skim milk or drink wine from a box or guzzle a shit load of piss water beer just so we can brag to our friends about how many "beers" we can drink.   :lolhitsign:

I was at the Country Jam with my wife yesterday, and everywhere I looked, all I saw was Bud Light, hahahaha.

I mean, usually being held by an anonymous hottie in short-shorts and a tank top, but still.  It made me think of this thread :)

Lol!!!

Pfft is right. Do the crafties hold up their pinkies when they drink their $5-a-bottle Czech versions of Budweiser? You actually care if the euros don't like our pedestrian taste in beer? I don't. Who here as a college kid didn't get the 12-pak of Old Milwaukee instead of the sixer of Bud 'cause it only cost $1 more?

Edited by DAC

Craft beers are great for sitting back and having a good beer... But have to agree with max power, bud light is great beer for working around the house.. Light and mild so it goes down easy, keeps you hydrated, and it's cheap... Not gonna be out doing yard work drinking stouts

• Upvote 1

In all sober seriousness, alcohol of any kind does NOT hydrate, it actually does the opposite.

College was a long time ago, and I don't deny that I built my share of empty can pyramids with piss water beer (we had 3.2% back then, god help me).  But I've learned to take everything in moderation and appreciate nice things - liquor, wine, cigars, and beer.  No I don't drink stupidly expensive beer but I'll try anything once.

btw, Yuengling is always in the fridge (not the light).

In all sober seriousness, alcohol of any kind does NOT hydrate, it actually does the opposite.

College was a long time ago, and I don't deny that I built my share of empty can pyramids with piss water beer (we had 3.2% back then, god help me).  But I've learned to take everything in moderation and appreciate nice things - liquor, wine, cigars, and beer.  No I don't drink stupidly expensive beer but I'll try anything once.

btw, Yuengling is always in the fridge (not the light).

bud light will keep you plenty hydrated. its 3% alchol, thats not very much at all compared to how much water is in it...clearest piss of my life is when im drinking bud lights all night...eventually as the alcohol builds up the diuretic effect would overcome and water gained by the beer, but ive drank plenty of light beer while doing shit around the house and its never left me feeling dehydrated

could you live on beer alone? doubt it. but while youre out working on the yard for a few hours, it will keep you plenty hydrated compared to dark beer and pop (obviously water is best - but thats no fun)

found this too...worth a read (also explains why lower alcohol light beers wont dehydrate you while exercising as much as darker beers

"According to the researchers, these results indicate that beverages with low alcohol concentrations have "a negligible diuretic effect" when consumed in a state of exercise-induced dehydration. The researchers conclude that recovering from a state of dehydration is effectively the same whether you're rehydrating with water, or a beverage containing up to 2% alcohol — though drinks containing 4% alcohol, they write, "tend to delay the recovery process."

Of course, "delay" ≠ "prevent entirely," so what the researchers are actually saying is: yes, you can rehydrate with a beverage containing roughly 4% alcohol; you'll just recover more slowly than you would with a 2% brew in your hand."

in case you want to read it all

http://io9.com/could-you-drink-beer-instead-of-water-and-still-survive-457081579

I don't like bud light, but i'll drink it.  If I'm buying cheap beer, I buy highlife.  For the money, it's my favorite cheap beer. 

Typically I buy a sixer of La Gunitas triple IPA, and then a 30 of highlife at the store.   One or two good IPAs, and then as much highlife as I feel like having.  That makes for a fun Saturday night.

I also tend to drink lighter beers at the pool, or while doing stuff in the garage.  It's nice to be able to have 6 and not drill a hole through your hand.  If I had 6 good beers, I'd be half blind most nights.