Need Help Deciding On A New Bike

wantahertzdonut

Interesting points on the VTEC. I should try one to see for myself.

What does a VFR800 weigh?

My brother has a line on an 02 or 03 BMW K1200GT. I rode one of these a couple years ago and remember it being nice. What is ownership like?

I can't give specifics on the k1200gt, but I do own a k1200lt... And love it.

Ultra linear power. Extremely reliable, extremely smooth. Rear wheel comes off in about 30 seconds for servicing. Low center (motor lays inline with the bike instead of parallel and sits on its side to get lower) great handling. I really have no complaints.

I'm not really after gobs of power, I'll be more than happy with a midsize bike with midsize power. I think at this point I really need to ride one of the VTEC bikes myself to see how it feels. What can one be had for?

I've seen over 20k mile 02-04's for anywhere from 2500 to 4k. Once you get to the 05+ you're looking in the 5's most likely

Most bikes are heavier than most people think.

Publishing dry weights has conditioned us to believe that sport bikes are 400 lbs or less, and that's really rarely the case... I would bet most street bikes with a full tank of gas start at 450 and go up from there. I know my bike is probably 550.