Police dog dies in cruiser - Northeast Ohio

madcat6183

I do not understand why cops who do this are not fired on the spot, forever, from the police force?  If a criminal kills a police dog they are tried just like killing a human, same charges, etc.  Why aren't the cops at least held accountable?

Dude got 2 weeks unpaid and lost 40 hrs of vacation time, come on dude, this was his "partner", should lose his badge and be banned from ever being a cop again.   And don't give me the "he was a good cop" BS, he killed his partner.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2014/10/09/oh--police-dog-heatstroke.html

• Upvote 2

I agree that his punishment was insufficient. I haven't talk to my cop friends on this yet to get their opinion, but my guess knowing those guys they will say he should have lost his job. But I think the department is partly to blame as well for not having the proper equipment in the vehicle capable of mitigating a situation like this. I know our K9 vehicles in Ridgeville have window controls for when the interior gets hot. If you are going to have a K9 officer, put the proper equipment in place.

Shouldn't he be charged with homicide of a police officer? If the dog was killed by a perp, they would charged with that! I can't believe that they would allow him to continue working in that dept.  SHAME ON MONTVILLE!

I have a few questions about this. First, the dog was left for more than four hours and he didn't notice? Thats like half of his shift right? No one else noticed the dog in the car for four hours at the police station? What was he actually doing and why wasn't the windows down. 

I think this is really sad and irresponsible for the officer in question.  Obviously he can't be trusted to do his job.

Edited by c7fx

God took the dog.

Who are we to judge.

So unless you believe God has reincarnated himself a 2014 Barney Fife...I'm gonna have to go ahead and say this saying has no bearing Edited by Bad324

So unless you believe God has reincarnated himself a 2014 Barney Fife...I'm gonna have to go ahead and say this saying has no bearing

The cop didn't kill the dog, nor the fact that it was locked in a car. The heat is what killed the dog. God creates the heat. Open your brain, think, believe.

Edited by BadTrainDriver

I concur that heat was the cause of death. I disagree saying that god killed the dog.

With that logic god kills babies and with catholic thinking that is practically the same thing as abortion so God supports abortion

I concur that heat was the cause of death. I disagree saying that god killed the dog.

With that logic god kills babies and with catholic thinking that is practically the same thing as abortion so God supports abortion

And god knows every single decision we will make. He also knows when we are going to die and how.

However animals cannot accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savoir. So does god look after them? No Adam was first put in charge of that. So basically you are correct.

And this isn't an issue of being a trendy atheist God hating hipster cause that's not it. I believe in God for sure

What I don't believe is 90% of the bullshit that is spewed by Catholics and "devout Christians"

Sorry, I grew up and developed a mind of my own and figured out how spam makes up organized religion

Edited by Bad324

I think its bullshit that if a cop kills your dog it's no big deal. Animals don't have rights and you are able to claim the value of the animal. So, cop kills your dog - $300 comp to you. But if you kill a police dog, it's life in prison. How the fuck is that? Dogs are dogs, regardless of what job they do.

I notice someone has gone quiet so I'll stir the pot...

Woke up and my heater in my house is dead...did God kill that too? Or I dunno was it maybe faulty manufactured parts a 9yr old Asian child pushed through QC

I notice someone has gone quiet so I'll stir the pot...

Woke up and my heater in my house is dead...did God kill that too? Or I dunno was it maybe faulty manufactured parts a 9yr old Asian child pushed through QC

God didn't kill your heater, God made your house cold.

See how that works?