What a f@##*&% joke

2insanezx10r

I just need to vent. I went down to that Honda dealer this afternoon in hilliard. (HNW) Some one was talking about yesterday. OMG I told them I was interested in trading in my 07 zx10 that has 822 miles on it for a CBR1000 08. Anyways the salesman comes back after checking out what they could give me for my bike and tells me that they would give me 6000.00 for mine. Big fuking joke but what the kicker was is that they said that the 08zx10 is going for 8000.00. :eek:I just laughed and to kick it off I asked what kind of deal are they doing for the CBR and he said that he would sell the red and grey one to me for 11,520.00. I feel sorry if anyone has bought a bike from this shister of a place. Just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully they won't get our buisness.:thefinger:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to buy a 99' YZ400 from them, they wanted $2800 at the time, bike was worth $2K max. They refused to bargain, went in 8months later bike was still there for $2800. I laughed at them, I only buy parts from them for my YZ426. I bought my 01' YZ426 for $2400 the same week, from a private seller.

I tried to buy a 99' YZ400 from them, they wanted $2800 at the time, bike was worth $2K max. They refused to bargain, went in 8months later bike was still there for $2800. I laughed at them, I only buy parts from them for my YZ426. I bought my 01' YZ426 for $2400 the same week, from a private seller.
Man I think they thought they saw SUCKER on my hat not M&M which is whats on it. What a waste of an hour that I won't get back.HA HA:rolleyes:

shit if they only want 8k for the new 10r maybe I need to get one
I told them I would give them 8000.00 for one like right now. No reply though. I think I pissed him off. WTF I'm over it. It would be a hell of a deal though. 8000.00 plus another 3000.00 in toys for it for the same price as the CBR damn it man.

Hold on, Tiger... I know you are passionate about your ZX10, but realize some things here.

-First, you can buy a new left over ZX10 all day for about $9-$9300. Used for about $8500-$9000...

-Second, if they offered you $8k, that's really fair considering the left over bikes available (HNW owner owns the shop in Cleveland and they have Kaws there so, they know the prices...) and the fact that IF they can get $9k asking price, that's typical used bike margins...

-Third, find a dealer that will sell a 2008 CBR1000 for more than $500-$800 off retail and you need to play the lottery. They're brand new and really, until they sit a while, probably not going to see a whole lot of deals...

If you look at a new 2008 ZX10, you're looking at $10,400. Not a lot of negotiating on those, either, but you can find deals. The 2008 makes your bike not only a year old, but a generation model older. That's not what you want to hear, but honestly, $1k-$1500 between generations is pretty common. That makes your bike worth about $9k.

Think about this - you can sell your bike for $9k. Maybe more to a buyer who doesn't do any research, but you'd have time involved and an assortment of people looking it over and such. A dealer needs to make money and $1k - $1500 isn't much...

I just need to vent. I went down to that Honda dealer this afternoon in hilliard. (HNW) Some one was talking about yesterday. OMG I told them I was interested in trading in my 07 zx10 that has 822 miles on it for a CBR1000 08. Anyways the salesman comes back after checking out what they could give me for my bike and tells me that they would give me 6000.00 for mine. Big fuking joke but what the kicker was is that they said that the 08zx10 is going for 8000.00. :eek:I just laughed and to kick it off I asked what kind of deal are they doing for the CBR and he said that he would sell the red and grey one to me for 11,520.00. I feel sorry if anyone has bought a bike from this shister of a place. Just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully they won't get our buisness.:thefinger:

They were being generous on the trade-in value on your Zx-10. KBB says average trade is $5950, and average retail is $8500.

Maybe you should do some research before you try to trade a bike in?

Oh, and the CBR is $11600 and the dealer cost is NOWHERE near $8k. It's most likely at best at $9700... I bet in a few months, you'll see them at $10999 or thereabouts, but nothing even remotely close to $9700...

You can already get them for $9,933.00 at Southern Honda in Tennessee. Sell your Kawi and make a trip down to Tennessee...its not that far.

http://www.southernhonda.com/default.asp

-Second, if they offered you $8k, that's really fair considering the left over bikes available

They didn't offer him $8k, they offered him $6. Thats why he's pissed.

NEVER trade a bike in at a dealer unless you don't mind taking a screwin. Sell it outright. Its not that hard if you price it fairly.

And based on average trade value, $6k is a good deal.
Guys I dont think you understand they said that an08 zx10 will sell for 8000.00. Hello what makes the 08 cheaper than the 08 CBR. No research is neccessary for that Quote......... Of cource I can get more than 6000.00 for my 07 thats not an issue but if they can sell me an 08 zx10 for 8000.00 why can't they sell me an 08 CBR for the same????:slap:

I've been in there a few times- Seems every time I go in I have to wait for service. Also they are the most expensive for parts and gear. I avoid that Hilliard Honda at all costs, The only reason they are still in business is because there isn't a dealership anywhere near the Mill-run area. There is a dealership off of Morse road right off 270 past Easton- They had a good deal of bikes and they were a lot more professional.

I've been in there a few times- Seems every time I go in I have to wait for service. Also they are the most expensive for parts and gear. I avoid that Hilliard Honda at all costs, The only reason they are still in business is because there isn't a dealership anywhere near the Mill-run area. There is a dealership off of Morse road right off 270 past Easton- They had a good deal of bikes and they were a lot more professional.

You and putty should hang out!! J/K:D

You can already get them for $9,933.00 at Southern Honda in Tennessee. Sell your Kawi and make a trip down to Tennessee...its not that far.

http://www.southernhonda.com/default.asp

Once you add what they call Freight and Prep and assorted fees, that number is higher.

Plus, Southern Honda is known for below dealer pricing, but they tack on fees and you'll wait at least a few hours in getting everything done and rolled out.

Plus, you'd then need to pursue the whole tax thing as they don;t do that for you.

I'll research this and do a quote and see what the total ends up being.

They are known for their killer deals, though...

Guys I dont think you understand they said that an08 zx10 will sell for 8000.00. Hello what makes the 08 cheaper than the 08 CBR. No research is neccessary for that Quote......... Of cource I can get more than 6000.00 for my 07 thats not an issue but if they can sell me an 08 zx10 for 8000.00 why can't they sell me an 08 CBR for the same????:slap:

You can't get a 2008 ZX10 for $8k. There isn't one for $8K (Total before fees as the whole freight and prep and assorted fees are what I refer to) anywhere.

Even so, the CBR retails almost $1k more than the ZX10 so, it is a deal where you'd need to expect it for $1k more anywhere else...

I'd research S. Honda's deal. I have no idea how they pull it off seeing that it is below dealer cost and taps into their hold back. I'll see and report...

Honestly, both bikes are looking pretty good. Get to ride the new ZX10 in June at Grattan, maybe sooner, but overall, I think the Honda is looking to be the best choice. Well, if you can get by the looks (which are growing on me...).