What a f@##*&% joke

2insanezx10r

I just need to vent. I went down to that Honda dealer this afternoon in hilliard. (HNW) Some one was talking about yesterday. OMG I told them I was interested in trading in my 07 zx10 that has 822 miles on it for a CBR1000 08. Anyways the salesman comes back after checking out what they could give me for my bike and tells me that they would give me 6000.00 for mine. Big fuking joke but what the kicker was is that they said that the 08zx10 is going for 8000.00. :eek:I just laughed and to kick it off I asked what kind of deal are they doing for the CBR and he said that he would sell the red and grey one to me for 11,520.00. I feel sorry if anyone has bought a bike from this shister of a place. Just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully they won't get our buisness.:thefinger:

If someone there told you that you can buy an 08 ZX10 for $8k, they were obviously mistaken. We don't even have Kawasaki and never have. Who did you talk to? Yesterday was crazy around there with the open house going on. Not tryin to make excuses for someones dumb mistake, but I'm sure thats all it was. As far as what your bike is worth, did you have it there? Without seeing it those numbers come straight out of the NADA book. You can't just walk in the door, especially this time of year and during the busiest day of the season so far, and expect everything just handed to you. And on a hot new bike too..

There are a lot of people on here that have bought their bikes from us (HNW) and will tell you we don't fuck people around and do not have the highest prices either. You can't expect the sales guy to just drop his shorts the first time you come in and want a deal on something. They are trying to make their money also. All he did was try to charge you retail (no freight, prep, or other bogus charge) and give you book value for your trade. Tell me exactly what is wrong with that??

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't expect the sales guy to just drop his shorts the first time you come in and want a deal on something. They are trying to make their money also.

I don't know about you but when I walk into a Dealership to buy a new car or bike, I expect someone to walk immediately upto me and ask me what I need. If your not capable of doing that for your customers you shouldn't be in business. I have stood at your shop several times waiting for someone to come help me and you weren't busy. The customer is always right!

Overall, a GOOD dealership should always approach customers and be able to help them as soon as they arrive. That's a give me.

However, I also think a buyer should be 100% educated. Often times, I find myself more informed about what I am looking at than the salesman. That's something that shouldn't happen all the time, but they do have to learn a LOT of products...

BUT, the buyer being educated means they research the prices they find via the internet. Evaluate how far you'd drive for what dollar amount. Walk into a shop, pick a salesman that fits you as a buyer. If they suck and don't know much, ask for another one. It's pretty easy and honestly, the ill informed salesman might realize they need to work a little harder.

Anyways, find one that works for you and be up front with them. If you are expecting them to give you the lowest price ever recorded, forget it. The utopia idea is that they make as much as they can on every unit. They know that's a falsehood, but they aren't going to give it away right off.

If you offer them an amount, make sure it is legit. $8k for a bike that retails for $10,500 is stupid. You'll be laughed at right as you walk out. Another thing is to make sure prices you get are COMPLETELY OUT THE DOOR prices. Include ALL fees and taxes. If out of state, ask what dollar you need to write on the check to take it home. Understand that tax will be added once you do the title transfer or register it in your state. So, if out of state, remember the local dealer will include tax in their price...

Also realize that it will cost you money to drive and the dealer understands that. If you are going to spend $100-$200 in fuel costs, that is a dollar amount that can easily be added to the deal and you'd be even as far as pricing. In other words, Southern Honda sells the bike for $1200 and HNW is asking $1500, it is going to cost you $200 in gas to get to SH and back. So, if they drop it to $1300, it is the same deal...

Just be educated. And, if a dealership doesn't do it right, then maybe think it over before you go and post telling everyone to avoid the place just because they didn't do the deal you were hoping for.

Like in this case, he was offered a fair amount on trade and the price was legit. Now, if he were serious and was sitting down and ready to sign papers, i bet they would have reduced or negotiated more. Too often, people only price shop and aren't serious. It's hard to tell the difference at times.

Whatever the case, this thread isn't needed and seeing that it was kinda blown out of proportion, I think it shows that the buyer wasn't quite prepared enough...

The customer is always right!

That's the biggest fallacy in the seller/buyer relationship. The customer is often way wrong, and its the seller's place to prove that point without making the buyer feel stupid.

It seems to me that the guy that started this thread got his panties in a wad because they offered him average trade for a bike he paid too much for, and wanted top dollar for something new.

If you don't like the way someone does "business" you're free to go somewhere else to get the money sucked out of your pocket.

Overall, a GOOD dealership should always approach customers and be able to help them as soon as they arrive. That's a give me.

However, I also think a buyer should be 100% educated. Often times, I find myself more informed about what I am looking at than the salesman. That's something that shouldn't happen all the time, but they do have to learn a LOT of products...

BUT, the buyer being educated means they research the prices they find via the internet. Evaluate how far you'd drive for what dollar amount. Walk into a shop, pick a salesman that fits you as a buyer. If they suck and don't know much, ask for another one. It's pretty easy and honestly, the ill informed salesman might realize they need to work a little harder.

Anyways, find one that works for you and be up front with them. If you are expecting them to give you the lowest price ever recorded, forget it. The utopia idea is that they make as much as they can on every unit. They know that's a falsehood, but they aren't going to give it away right off.

If you offer them an amount, make sure it is legit. $8k for a bike that retails for $10,500 is stupid. You'll be laughed at right as you walk out. Another thing is to make sure prices you get are COMPLETELY OUT THE DOOR prices. Include ALL fees and taxes. If out of state, ask what dollar you need to write on the check to take it home. Understand that tax will be added once you do the title transfer or register it in your state. So, if out of state, remember the local dealer will include tax in their price...

Also realize that it will cost you money to drive and the dealer understands that. If you are going to spend $100-$200 in fuel costs, that is a dollar amount that can easily be added to the deal and you'd be even as far as pricing. In other words, Southern Honda sells the bike for $1200 and HNW is asking $1500, it is going to cost you $200 in gas to get to SH and back. So, if they drop it to $1300, it is the same deal...

Just be educated. And, if a dealership doesn't do it right, then maybe think it over before you go and post telling everyone to avoid the place just because they didn't do the deal you were hoping for.

Like in this case, he was offered a fair amount on trade and the price was legit. Now, if he were serious and was sitting down and ready to sign papers, i bet they would have reduced or negotiated more. Too often, people only price shop and aren't serious. It's hard to tell the difference at times.

Whatever the case, this thread isn't needed and seeing that it was kinda blown out of proportion, I think it shows that the buyer wasn't quite prepared enough...

Thank you Lizard, that couldn't have been put any better

That's the biggest fallacy in the seller/buyer relationship. The customer is often way wrong, and its the seller's place to prove that point without making the buyer feel stupid.

It seems to me that the guy that started this thread got his panties in a wad because they offered him average trade for a bike he paid too much for, and wanted top dollar for something new.

If you don't like the way someone does "business" you're free to go somewhere else to get the money sucked out of your pocket.

I could not agree more

I don't know about you but when I walk into a Dealership to buy a new car or bike, I expect someone to walk immediately upto me and ask me what I need. If your not capable of doing that for your customers you shouldn't be in business. I have stood at your shop several times waiting for someone to come help me and you weren't busy. The customer is always right!

So you want us to be like a car dealership where people are afraid to just go look for fear of being hassled by a pushy salesperson?

And in your first post in this thread, you stated that at one point you tried to make a deal with us and couldn't, so obviously you have been helped. You sure you're not just bitter about that experience and not getting what you wanted?

Once you add what they call Freight and Prep and assorted fees, that number is higher.

Plus, Southern Honda is known for below dealer pricing, but they tack on fees and you'll wait at least a few hours in getting everything done and rolled out.

Plus, you'd then need to pursue the whole tax thing as they don;t do that for you.

I'll research this and do a quote and see what the total ends up being.

They are known for their killer deals, though...

I don't know where you got this info from....nobody I've talked to who has purchased through them has found this to be the case.

Their prices listed on the internet are basically out-the-door if you are out of state (they throw on like a $50 fee). Obviously, if you live in Tennessee you have to pay sales tax at the time of purchase. If you are out of state, you can pay when you get the title in your name or don't if you are buying for a track bike only.

As far as the long wait, I've heard the exact opposite...they have all the paper work ready to go when you arrive and you are in and out very quickly. They are the largest Honda dealer by volume in the world!...they aren't going to dick around with one customer for several hours. They are going to get your ass out of there as quickly as possible.

So for your true cost figure $9,933.00 + ~$50.00 dealer fee + ~$700.00 Ohio sales tax + gas to get down there and you are still going to save several hundred or more over the local dealers.

You might call Honda East of Toledo and check their prices on the 1000rr. I know they were comparable to Southern Honda with the 600rr (like $2-300 higher) last year.

So you want us to be like a car dealership where people are afraid to just go look for fear of being hassled by a pushy salesperson?

And in your first post in this thread, you stated that at one point you tried to make a deal with us and couldn't, so obviously you have been helped. You sure you're not just bitter about that experience and not getting what you wanted?

1. I dont want you to be a pushy asshole and try and sell me something I don't want. I DO however want you to come up to me and ask what I need help with, see which bike I like, what my price range is, etc...

2. I am sure that you read that I still buy parts from you. I ONLY buy parts for my YZ426 from YOU. I hold no grudge against your company otherwise I would do my business elsewhere and easily could.

.....whatever.... atrade in is that, if you dont like the offer, sell it out right so YOU can get the full retail.........

...and as for the service, well they are the best in this town....pulled my motor apart (3rd seam in the cranck case) and i beat the fuck outta it, and that was 3 years ago, and the fucking thing STILL runs like a champ!!

HNW rocks no matter what the "i want retail for my trade in" guy says!!!! lol

I just need to vent. I went down to that Honda dealer this afternoon in hilliard. (HNW) Some one was talking about yesterday. OMG I told them I was interested in trading in my 07 zx10 that has 822 miles on it for a CBR1000 08. Anyways the salesman comes back after checking out what they could give me for my bike and tells me that they would give me 6000.00 for mine. Big fuking joke but what the kicker was is that they said that the 08zx10 is going for 8000.00. :eek:I just laughed and to kick it off I asked what kind of deal are they doing for the CBR and he said that he would sell the red and grey one to me for 11,520.00. I feel sorry if anyone has bought a bike from this shister of a place. Just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully they won't get our buisness.:thefinger:

My only question would be who was your salesperson?

Standing around not buying shit doesn't mean anyone is fuking you can just go some where else I don't think they would mind IMO.

I'm sure HINDs is way better or MOC go there and get everything you want.:dunno:

PS Customers are not very smart sorry.And they lie and try to get something for nothing.<<TRUTH!!!!!!! Own a bussiness for 9 years and learn the hard way like I did.:violin: But they buy me cool toys!;)

Don't waste your time go get robbed at Hinds or MOC I'm sure they'll treat you real good.

1. I dont want you to be a pushy asshole and try and sell me something I don't want. I DO however want you to come up to me and ask what I need help with, see which bike I like, what my price range is, etc...

2. I am sure that you read that I still buy parts from you. I ONLY buy parts for my YZ426 from YOU. I hold no grudge against your company otherwise I would do my business elsewhere and easily could.

Yea but out of the 20 dicks that go in there 1 might buy. In my book you want something fukn ask.:dunno:

This thread has gotten retarded. Anyone can have their own opinion and he is entitled to his. You don't like it, you got issues if his opinion bothers you. Get a life if it does. There are thousands of customers out there, why would one opinion matter. Move on already bored people.

I'm sorry but I have bought 3 bikes from HNW (Ohio Motorcycle) and I will never buy from another dealership. Being a female it's hard to be taken seriously but from the first time I walk in there in 2003 "looking" they talked to me and NOT the guy I was with. I was looking for a bike not him. I didn't buy until 2005 and their customer service was the same. Top notch!

Standing around not buying shit doesn't mean anyone is fuking you can just go some where else I don't think they would mind IMO.

I'm sure HINDs is way better or MOC go there and get everything you want.:dunno:

I am sure you read that I was in there trying to purchase a Dirtbike the first time, and I also tried to look at an R6 the second time. I bought a dirtbike the same week not from them obviously, so I wasn't one of the lurkers(Dreamers). I had the money, I brought CASH for them. If they are too dumb to take that then screw them. I am not trying to be an asshole here, I am just saying that I hadn't had the best experience with the Showroom thats all.

Now as others have stated their Service/Maintenance area is prolly #1 in Cbus. And thats why I buy parts from them hands down. When I need something they know the exact part everytime. I have never brought a bike to be serviced by them, because I do all my own, as well as my cars. But I do hear they are the best.

PS Customers are not very smart sorry.And they lie and try to get something for nothing.<<TRUTH!!!!!!! Own a bussiness for 9 years and learn the hard way like I did.:violin: But they buy me cool toys!;)

what kind of business, and what kind of toys?

This thread has gotten retarded. Anyone can have their own opinion and he is entitled to his. You don't like it, you got issues if his opinion bothers you. Get a life if it does. There are thousands of customers out there, why would one opinion matter. Move on already bored people.

Its a DISCUSSION FORUM, genius. Thats what you're supposed to do here.

Its a DISCUSSION FORUM, genius. Thats what you're supposed to do here.

Oh, shut up for goodness sakes. Whatever happened to you not talking to me? It's best for both of us. You went awhile w/out posting and it was Grrrrrreat! :cool: Thank you for the genius compliment though. :)

Oh, shut up for goodness sakes. Whatever happened to you not talking to me? It's best for both of us. You went awhile w/out posting and it was Grrrrrreat! :cool: Thank you for the genius compliment though. :)

its the internet, kinda pointless to not talk to people. i mean, thats why youre here...cause nobody IRL wants to talk to you.