2015 Epic Ride Spring Organization & Inputs

DerekClouser

2015 Spring Epic Ride Date Selection  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What date would be best for the 2015 Spring Epic Ride?

2. 2. Meeting Spot

• Hocking Hills - Keeping similar to previous years
    • Zanesville - Different route - more central meet spot - something different from years past.

JB,

As IP noted, it's one day. I don;t think they set the date yet. The organizer is considering a change but more than a few are asking for the same location and same route.  Approx 130 mile loop starting/ending in Logan, OH.

See this link. http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/105711-unofficial-fall-epic-ride-saturday-september-27/

Last year several from Cincy and Dayton areas met up in Springfield. Several of those stayed for dinner at the Millstone. Probably got home rather late, Check this folder for the meetup threads.

Hope you can make it.

It's worth missing out on whatever you have going on that day especially work. And maybe the next to recover. If it's your first big ride of the year you will want the extra day. I know I was toast by the time I got home.

I have added 2 polls for the Spring Epic Ride 2015 - I have allowed for multiple answers to be given, so if you are impartial to multiple dates (or either meet spot) you can vote for multiple answers.  Voting will end on Feb 31, 2015 and decisions will then be made.  

Voting is public as well. 

Hello all!  Been a while since I posted.  I have the winter blahs and been hibernating.  :bundled:  Starting looking at pics of the Epic rides and video from the bike races at mid ohio from last summer.  Got me energized again.  I haven't ridden since my accident last summer, so I am seriously pumped to be back on two wheels riding again.  Just did a Pony run and spent some cash on new gear, so I am officially ready!  As far as the Epic ride goes, I would love to see some new scenery.  Personally I like 26, 78, and 800.  Great routes!  The month is nostalgic for me, I like tradition! I would like to keep the ride as far into spring as possible, so any date in May is good for me.  I really like the hoody idea, due to the fact I froze the last two spring rides getting down to the meet spot.  Not a fan of the 4 leaf clover, I would rather see a motorcycle of some kind on a hoody incorporating Ohio somehow like the last spring ride t-shirt.  OK, that is my 2 cents!  Hope you all are surviving our deep freeze.  Talk at you all later. :cool:

I have added 2 polls for the Spring Epic Ride 2015 - I have allowed for multiple answers to be given, so if you are impartial to multiple dates (or either meet spot) you can vote for multiple answers.  Voting will end on Feb 31, 2015 and decisions will then be made.  

Voting is public as well.

When did Feb. Start having 31 days? :D

• Upvote 1

We usually have pretty big groups right?? Why not keep the regular groups/route we normally have and add two extra groups for an alternate route? One normal speed and one faster (depending on personnel of course). That way people have the option to do the traditional route or the new one. I personally would be up for something tighter and more technical than the route we had in the past.

I say no to May 23rd and 30th just because of one being a holiday weekend and the other being the end of the month. Much more law enforcement out and most likely more traffic. Certain groups would have to be extremely careful.

The 16th would be nice. Be chilly on the ride up but I don't mind the cold.

June seems to be ideal for me. Maybe a little later than the last but it will most likely be warmer and the chances of better weather are high. Minimal traffic and average enforcement out that time of the month.