unOFFICIAL SPRING EPIC RIDE - MAY 16 2015

DerekClouser

Made it back home.

Rain was okay this morning but it made it to suck for the ride home.

Same here...home.  It pretty much poured non-stop from New Concord to Canton, oh well, still had a great time!

Dave G.

I followed that red CBR? and somebody in white Dianese leathers for bit on 83/78, don't know who that was, figured he was OR related though.

That was Uncle Punk and myself...you can throw that FJR around the corners pretty good!

just pulled in myself, i am glad we took the shorter route, we just did a small loop and headed back. glad i did that cause i was right in the "window" of clouds most times. But got rained from millersburg to toledo.

Glad to see every one, all the old regulars, new people and the fake pauly.   Sorry to helmutt and gang, we kinda tried to jump ahead of you guys at that stop as we were running short of time. Oh speaking of which we saw u guys pass by caldwell later? where u guys running the route in reverse as well?

overall it was worth the shower for the ride, both days. :D

Home, rained the whole way home. Our group started with 10 from orginal meet picked up 2 in cbus, one more at the ride spot ended with 6. One person did go down,he is ok.

He has friends here so they can fill in the details.

Thank you Tonik for doing my job once again.

Awesome ride! Made it home alright after getting doused in the rain. Was really cool to meet everyone and put actual faces to names. Props to the peeps in Hellmutts group, you guys rock! Looking forward to the next ride

Well now, since I'm in Oklahoma, dodging tornados and storms, I could not

make the ride.  Sometime next month I would like to offer a make up ride for

those like me who could not attend, and for those who would like to do it again.

I'll post something up after I get back to Ohio and scope out my calendar.  Of

course all will be welcome as well as whoever you can bring with you.

Would like to say thanks to Jason (Hellmutt I believe) and his group for letting an outsider from Jefferson join in and ride with them. Had a blast guys, hope to meet up with you again. I got blasted with rain for an hour straight on 77 north as I went home. Ride was worth it though. Thanks

Great ride today....my bike never melted...we finally got his bike loaded up about 1600...we caught rain from Cambridge to springfield. ..lol...but was well worth the trip...i must admit..i like the logan rout better...BUT 339 is a kick ass road and I will b riding it again in near future. ...prolly gonna cut across to McConnell ville from there and hit 669 to 93 to 56 back to springfield though. ..but was great to see everyone again..!!!!

Awesome ride loved the route. Always nice to meet fellow or riders. Myself, snot and shady one helped pull robbs bike from under the guard rail he,s a little beat up and bruised and his bike is done. But he walked away and thats a winning score in my book.  I stuck around with him to make sure he had a way to get his bike home and them took off for home myself. I made it to c,bus before i got drenched. 

What's nice about the logan rout is the majority of riders have gotten to know those roads....makes it a lil safer IMO. ....but appreciate all ur effort Derek. ...it was a good day. Great to see ya Ninja Doc......glad we all made it home!

• Upvote 1

Well now, since I'm in Oklahoma, dodging tornados and storms, I could not

make the ride.  Sometime next month I would like to offer a make up ride for

those like me who could not attend, and for those who would like to do it again.

I'll post something up after I get back to Ohio and scope out my calendar.  Of

course all will be welcome as well as whoever you can bring with you.

Stay off of 78 until it is paved... It sucked imo

OH-78 was fine. You just need less Brocks, and more Ohlins. :)

:lol: true!!

I have reservations about riding with people I don't know, too. I decided to co-sweep today, glad I did.

Oh, I am a girl therefore I can bitch and whine... A little.

Edited by snot

I am finally dried out. The only things that weren't soaked were my ass gorge ( I'm a big dude, crack just doesn't say enough ), backs of my knees, and the top of my head. Think we managed 20 dry miles on the way home. Super soaker of a ride back, and it super sucked - but the ride itself was good and dry until we parked at Sunoco just past Beverly for an hour to wait on the rest of our group helping yank Rob's bike from under the guardrail. Glad he's ok, bike is replaceable. Shortly after we left there, it was a wet ride in the twisties for another 55 miles or so.

Shadyone, big props to you bro. As usual, you make leading so much easier by being the best wingman a rider could ask for. Appreciate ya man, truly.

Treefime, damn good meeting and riding with ya man - you tossed that old ninja around well, even in the wet stuff. Keep your eyes peeled for Dayton route rides coming up this summer.

Durk ( Rick ), it was good meeting you too - and you're no outsider, you're an OhioRider, and ya definitely got an iron butt riding that 600RR as much as you do, and solo at that. Glad to have ya, hope to see ya at the next one.

Doc, thanks for the commitment in riding all the way down there and back just to meet up with the few of us that made it out. Good to see you enjoy your new guided missle. They're like skintags...it'll grow on ya more and more.

Chad, Dubie, Richie - good riding with you fellas, and props to ya for helping Rob out and making sure he got a lift home.

Pauly, you're gonna get hookworm if you keep walking around barefooted in random parking lots - good to see you again man.

Tonik, eat a hatefully blasphemous dick. And mail me my donut, I never got one :D

Nah, seriously...Good to see your satanic face, and in a church parking lot of all places :eek:

Good to see the familiars again, and some new guys too. Even though there were a couple of riders down, it was still ultimately a success since they both walked away.

Happy everyone made it home safe. See you folks at the next one

Sorry to hellmutt and gang, we kinda tried to jump ahead of you guys at that stop as we were running short of time. Oh speaking of which we saw u guys pass by caldwell later? where u guys running the route in reverse as well?

No sir, but we had a couple stops along the way with a luggage attachment failure and our downed rider - so it may have appeared like we just enjoy riding in the wet slop so much that we ran the route both ways :D

Special and tremendous gratitude to dizzledan who always took time and effort to give us

consistent media. I am sorry I did not get a chance to take any video, in fact no video the whole 2 days. :(

was late to the meet spot and then couldn't organize myself to do the video in time :(

Edited by NinjaDoc