New Ohio Resident

franklyfresh

What's good everyone!

My name is Frank and I just moved to Ohio in early January and am finally back on two wheels. I have been itching to ride ever since the sun came back out. I left my 1991 Kawasaki ZX6R and 2003 Suzuki VS800 Intruder back in sunny Southern California but picked up a used 2007 Ducati 800 Supersport a couple weeks ago. I should have shopped around more but I just couldn't stand seeing and hearing all the bikes come out and not being able to ride myself! Some issues to work out with the bike but I'm creeping on 200 miles since I got it and man does it feel good. I work in Downtown Cincinnati as a business analyst and am also into firearms. I casually shoot bullseye pistol and IDPA. 

I've already gotten some great advice from this community and am glad to see an active group of riders in Ohio! I will miss year-round riding but that just means I have to ride harder during the summer!

Oh,I just remembered...you might want to lock all you're guns up around the middle of February too...or just take a vacation back to California.

Welcome to the buckeye state...be sure to get over here to southeast Ohio or down in Kentucky...that's where the good riding is.

Welcome, Frank! I'm only 20 miles south of you in Northern Kentucky, and all of my Cincy buddies head south to ride the great twisties down here. Check out my ride post for this Sat the 18th. Come join us to meet some new riders & explore some new roads.

I'm retired, so contact me anytime if you're looking for someone to ride with that can show you the best roads...week days or weekends.

Frank:  Welcome to the seventh level of hell...

If you've got the time, hook up with Rob (Dice) on his Spring Marathon Ride on the 18th.  It'd be a great intro to just some of the great riding roads in the SW Ohio/NKY area.  I'm on the west side of Cinti if you want to roll south with someone.

FYI, might want to check out the Assfault Junkies forum.  Cinti based, pretty young crowd, more track-oriented, some forum drama….

Brandon, prez of AFJ, owns a shop on the east side of the city.

For you Ducati service needs, might want to touch base with Chris Nicoloff.  Pm me for his cell #.