Bike Week Sandusky

ACSmith

I am going to bike week starting tomorrow morning. Week long motorcycle camping trip to the mountains. It ends at the OR Invades Deals Gap shindig. I bet more people on OR will be in Deals Gap than the Sandusky bike week .

Would love to ride in the mountains, maybe will have to plan a vacation next year...but I guess I'm considered one of those "Slow Ass Baggers"  but guarantee I do not smell like a sweaty pirate..lol ;)

^^^^^^guess I have been called worse....lol.....but kudos on your creativeness!

Yep I'm out on the Deals GAP...looking like the Roadglide or Street Glide are too big and heavy.

Plenty of heavy cruisers go to DG. They're everywhere down there. The riders split into small groups. Some don't even ride at all. Your bikes are perfectly fine for that place. Don't let these assbags lie to you.

Never said they couldn't ride the gap, just that they're not gonna keep up, which is what she asked.

Guess I'm going to have to look into it.  Sometime it's not about doing it quickly but taking it nice and slow and enjoy the ride.  (keep your mind out of the gutter on this comment)

Don't count yourself out of the Gap. Some ride for the adrenaline....some ride for the scenery. Im not going, but I've been a few rides and haven't felt a bit bad about hanging back and enjoying the view.

Definitely something the husband and I should look into...I am more of the scenic rider then the adrenaline rider.

Bad324 will look our for the maroon Electra Glide..where is he parking the RV?

Definitely something the husband and I should look into...I am more of the scenic rider then the adrenaline rider.

Bad324 will look our for the maroon Electra Glide..where is he parking the RV?

I honestly don't have a clue. He probably told me and I forgot with everything currently

I had reason to be in Port Clinton on Saturday afternoon so the Missus and I stopped in Sandusky while out there.    Although there was little traffic and it was easy to find parking, I was disappointed at the scale (or lack) of the event.   Being an 'Ohio Bike Week' virgin, I didn't know what to expect, but I was hoping it was more than just what we saw in the parking lot behind the H-D dealer.     We were able to see all that was there, buy a requisite t-shirt or two and be on the road in 30 minutes.    I didn't see what the all the radio hype was about.

Fairgrounds?    The website for Bike Week indicated it was centered around Mad River HD.

Yea, their description of what is happening is bad.  It is headquartered there...Mad River is the brains behind it.  But that is just a stop on the way to the Fairgrounds where most all of it happens.

Most of it will be downtown by the lake starting this Wednesday (used to be at fairgrounds but moved downtown),  also have things going on at Mad River Harley, the Fairgrounds, and M&M cycle on Rt 250.  It's kind of spread out with different events, rides and concerts each day.  Wasn't the greatest weekend for any event or riding.