HD NEW PRICE!! Zed's Dead

KennyB

What's with all the no test ride listings? I'm not buying anything without riding it first, that's the dumbest shit I see posted all the time with bike ads. Glws and shit.

Yup when shopping I skip over those ads too. And when selling a bike I usually know within a few min if I'm going to let the buyer take it for a spin or not. And if they insist it's cash in hand and if you bring the bike back undamaged and decide not to buy I'll had the cash back over.

The reason I put that in the ad was so I didn't have every yee-haw from here to Kentucky with their temporary permit thinking they could just take it out and do the 270 loop and then not buy it. I agree with the above replies, yeah, you have cash in hand, take it down the street, around the block, that's fine. We're talking about an 11 year old bike, that has been modified with all kinds of crap added, which, if you go by NADA or KBB, does nothing to help hold value. This sale is for a friend, not my bike.

As a buyer, I always hated the cash in hand to test ride, because if you give him the asking price in cash you are hurting your negotiation stance because he knows you have the full amount.

The other side is you negotiate a price before you know whether or not you really want the bike.

I understand the reasoning, but from a buyers standpoint, it makes things a little more tricky.

I have ridden my bike to test rides, and I show them copies of my MC insurance card. I have never had any issues.

When selling a bike, I ask questions of the potential buyers prior to allowing any test rides. I try to judge their competency.

I will never bring the full asking price in cash (unless it is a more modest purchase.) There is no reason to take thousands of dollars to some strangers house to look at their bike. That would make it too easy to become a victim.