Window Tint in NE Ohio?

nautical1

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable window tinting place around the Kent area? I've taken previous cars to HD Audio but it seems like they jacked the price up since I was last there and they only do it on Saturday now which usually doesn't work for me. The only other reputable place I can think of around here is Summit Sound but that's a little bit of a drive for me. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Edited by nautical1

Yeah I know all about it. I've had 4 other cars in the past all with tint 20% or lower and 3 of those 4 had 5% on the hatch which really made it look dark.

And how did they harass you for stock tint when vehicles from the factory only put tint on the rear windows and back glass, which is perfectly legal no matter how dark?

Edited by nautical1

I used to get messed with all the time when I drove sporty cars, but now I drive 4 door vehicles I've never been checked. That's like profiling or somthing isn't it?

I had 20% on my 4 door and never got messed with.

I used to get messed with all the time when I drove sporty cars, but now I drive 4 door vehicles I've never been checked. That's like profiling or somthing isn't it?

I had the opposite experience. I had three camaros and only got pulled over one time in the span of three years with them. I then got a four door with tint and was pulled over twice within 6 months before removing the front window tint altogether.

Yeah I know all about it. I've had 4 other cars in the past all with tint 20% or lower and 3 of those 4 had 5% on the hatch which really made it look dark.

And how did they harass you for stock tint when vehicles from the factory only put tint on the rear windows and back glass, which is perfectly legal no matter how dark?

The front of my trailblazer is dark. Very dark compared to most anything factory.

Horizon audio, horizon motor sports, horizon audio of alliance, do it.

Horizon audio did my suby years ago.

Not that I can compare to someone else's work but I have no complaints.

Few years ago...wife's car, (four door)...just bought it and got pulled over in Sandusky on our way to one of the water parks with the kids.  Officer certainly profiled us and even fought through heavy traffic to turn around and pull me over.  He said he noticed the dark tint on the front windows and measured the tint telling me it was 5% too dark on the front two windows.  He let me off with a warning as we literally just bought the car a few weeks before.  The car came with it tinted by the previous owner.  I didn't know about tint laws in Ohio and the dealer apparently didn't either.  The back windows there is no law in Ohio how dark they can be. 

The tint seemed to interfere with being able to see after dark when backing up at night so I removed the tint from just the front windows.  Can't be pulled over now for that again.  I don't know who did the work, though.

I had the opposite experience. I had three camaros and only got pulled over one time in the span of three years with them. I then got a four door with tint and was pulled over twice within 6 months before removing the front window tint altogether.

You let the man bring you down...

Northcoast Tint. Marco is the man!

Also got my Tahoe done in Bedford by a local guy that is pretty well known among the car community, Max Flores. I can't recall what the shop is called though. I just hit him up on his cell I was given. Got my tahoe done and remote start for $300 out the door.

I've never been hassled with tint on any of my trucks or SUV's. Only been hassled once in any of my cars in NEO

Thanks for the suggestions so far but I was hoping for something local to Kent. From where I'm at all the places mentioned are about 40 minutes away.

You let the man bring you down...

It got to a point where the hassle wasn't worth it and I started driving around the city that kept pulling me over.

Looks like 70% is the maximum for front in Ohio. That's dumb, so I won't be giving a shit about that stupid law. 50% seems adequate, but I'm not sure. My last tint job was 35% and I enjoyed years of hassle-free ownership.

Before anyone suggests it, I don't do "half-n-half" tint.

I'm planning to go with 35% all around and if it still seems too light I'll do a light tint on the windshield. I'm with you though on not doing two different shades of tint, I prefer a more uniform look.

Northcoast Tint. Marco is the man!

Also got my Tahoe done in Bedford by a local guy that is pretty well known among the car community, Max Flores. I can't recall what the shop is called though. I just hit him up on his cell I was given. Got my tahoe done and remote start for $300 out the door.

I've never been hassled with tint on any of my trucks or SUV's. Only been hassled once in any of my cars in NEO

Max did the tint on my GTI about a month ago... I believe his shop is Winning Window Tint or something similar. He's a friend of my roommates and does excellent work.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

My buddy had 35% on the windshield 5% in the front and double 5% in the back of his stage 3+ a6. Couldn't see in with your nose pushed against the glass... Somehow never got hassled for only tint.

f6e6c717b10a73a1633210c868ddeea4.jpg

dd03733e1fc46e97637b092c61787b36.jpg

That's with the windows down lol

Somehow never gets pulled over for just tint in any of his vehicles. I wish I had his luck

e105d9094dd3c6a5e65b698fadd5a8c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by TimTheAzn

I live in the Kent area too and I've got a guy that's been tinting all my vehicles the last few years.  He does an awesome job and he's very reasonably priced.  I have his business card at home, I'll post his info for you tonight.  He's mobile too, he does work for a lot of the car dealerships.  Summit Sound does good work, but their prices are ridiculous. They wanted $325 to tint my 4 door vehicle, I got it done for a fraction of that.

I live in the Kent area too and I've got a guy that's been tinting all my vehicles the last few years. He does an awesome job and he's very reasonably priced. I have his business card at home, I'll post his info for you tonight. He's mobile too, he does work for a lot of the car dealerships. Summit Sound does good work, but their prices are ridiculous. They wanted $325 to tint my 4 door vehicle, I got it done for a fraction of that.

Sounds good. Any idea what kind of tint he uses?

And Summit Sound does great work but like you said it's pricey. For the llumar tint with a lifetime warranty it was going to be $269. Last time I had it done there though I had a discount since I knew a guy who worked there at the time and didn't pay nearly that much.

Edited by nautical1