Saturday July 11, 2015 - NEO to SEO

DerekClouser

That Statey was all kinds of ghey.  I drew him up 93 because most the bikes were going up 83. 

I'm sure he ran my plate.  Since he didn't find anything worthy of pulling me over he tried to bait me into running.  He followed me for 15-20 miles.  In the curves he would fall back so I couldn't see him.  Then in the straights he would get right behind me again.  He did it over and over again.  I slowed down well below the speed limit a few times trying to get him to just pass me and move on.  Nope.  Finally he stopped and turned around. 

On another note, my neck is all messed up.  I probably should stay home.

That Statey musta been really bored...

Home a bit ago. Not sure how many miles. Tpoppa how many did you do since I live "close" to you? Nice to meet some new people today too. Everyone stayed rubber side down so I think that's a pretty damn good day. Thanks for setting it up Derek, the roads were good and the pace was perfect. On to the pics:

665c94419959ab8eb6519c25b8181a27.jpg

b0478f4b16343a4bc450ef37fe672949.jpg

bec448b1fddcc881afd504a0e032b04a.jpg

ccd5d5548671f31477b3c9a8089b1c94.jpg

0ebe475e8b4b6c33a2bd1bd65f0422e2.jpg

290a551c40901e42a1888ff4677b4baf.jpg

03c87a2b0065d344e73cefc2065cdaa4.jpg

7691e5abd07dfec47eb69c5113ff1a7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by TimTheAzn

That Trooper was on the side of the road when I went up 93. Thought he was going to nick me, but he didn't bother with me. Probably too pitty on me because my bike is so fugly.

I'm afraid of cylons too.

Good times gents. Thanks for letting me play. You guys are fast. I just can't get comfortable with the blond crests and turns. There were a few spots with better visibility where I wasn't falling as far behind, but man you guys just throw in with a lot of faith. Anyways. Good time.

When the trooper up behind me, you guys were waiting past the intersection since I was at the light. I could feel him running my plates. Looked like you guys were taking off, which I don't blame you, so I pulled into the gas station to see if he was going to follow me. Looks like he decided to follow tpoppa instead.

Catch you guys on the next ride.

When the trooper up behind me, you guys were waiting past the intersection since I was at the light. I could feel him running my plates. Looked like you guys were taking off, which I don't blame you, so I pulled into the gas station to see if he was going to follow me. Looks like he decided to follow tpoppa instead.

If I get a ticket, you getting one too doesn't help me.  My rule is if one of us is gets a ticket, let's not make it easy for him to give us all tickets.  If he turned on his lights I'd have stopped, but otherwise no.   I just wanted to draw him away from everyone else once he started following me.  I wasn't about to give him a reason to stop me.  

Now just before that intersection I took a turn somewhere near triple digits, guess he didn't see that :)

Good times gents. Thanks for letting me play. You guys are fast. I just can't get comfortable with the blond crests and turns. There were a few spots with better visibility where I wasn't falling as far behind, but man you guys just throw in with a lot of faith. Anyways. Good time.

yea, we were waiting on everyone to make it to that intersection.  once I saw the cop behind you, I wasn't going to wait to see if he wanted to pull us all over so I decided to go.   We waited for the rest at the intersection where 83 turns N, and 93 keeps going.   About 5 minutes of waiting, tpoppa rolled by with the statee still behind him.  He continued down 93.  Tim and I bolted up 83 shortly thereafter.  Didn't want him turning around and coming for us. 

I tend to ease off on blind sections myself, especially on roads I'm unfamiliar with. Always wary of cars sitting in the road around a corner or whatever else.

Did you guys pick this trooper up going the other way or was he sitting with his predator camouflage on and saw you all zoom past?

Blind corners spook everyone to some degree.  There are techniques you can use to increase your confidence when you can't see all the way through the corner.   For example:  your corner entry line and head position make a big difference on your line of sight.   This is an area where the skills needed for street vs track riding are different.  

If a corner makes you feel like you're taking a chance or "guessing" then you need to slow down.  Riding with a "reserve" is mandatory for this type of riding.     

It's more than I have time to type, but I'd be happy to discuss it at a gas stop on a future ride.

I'm glad that I had the opportunity to follow Derek and/or Tony all day. I learned a lot just by following their lines and corner entry speeds. They both were within my comfort zone so I as able to do it with confidence. My general rule of thumb is if I am having to brake into each corner to keep up, I am riding too fast. I try to ride at the Pace as much as I can. If anyone has any other input on my riding this weekend, please let me know as I am always aiming to be better and more important safer rider!

Edited by TimTheAzn

yea, we were waiting on everyone to make it to that intersection.  once I saw the cop behind you, I wasn't going to wait to see if he wanted to pull us all over so I decided to go.   We waited for the rest at the intersection where 83 turns N, and 93 keeps going.   About 5 minutes of waiting, tpoppa rolled by with the statee still behind him.  He continued down 93.  Tim and I bolted up 83 shortly thereafter.  Didn't want him turning around and coming for us. 

haha I wonder how many cars we ended up passing going back up 83 :riding: