Windows 10

2talltim

I clicked the icon and it said I was put on a waiting list...Maybe they're rolling it out by region? Wouldn't let me download right away

I signed up a day or 2 before release on my desktop, didn't get it until a few days after.  Signed up on release day with a laptop and got it the very next day.  I think it's kinda random.

Motocat, I was under the impression this was only if you have a Windows account tied to it... If you don't log in with a Windows account then there shouldn't issues... Is that not correct?

I don't think so.  But you can opt out of a lot of it during the setup, first run part.

Start>>>>Settings>>>>Privacy. There are 13 tabs with every setting and privacy issue there and you can turn it off. Or not. There is a link to the privacy statement. Completely up front and  completely under your control.

• Upvote 1

Just upgraded my work computer as I get to play test mule and make sure everything works. Went really well, all of our software works fine and just had to download a few drivers.

Find me a video driver for the ATI X1250 integrated chipset for Windows 10!  That's all I need to have all of my computers upgraded and working properly.

(Hint:  it doesn't exist, just looking for a workaround!)

Find me a video driver for the ATI X1250 integrated chipset for Windows 10!  That's all I need to have all of my computers upgraded and working properly.

(Hint:  it doesn't exist, just looking for a workaround!)

I think the people in this link may have found a workaround. Hope this helps...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/using-legacy-graphics-driverradeon-x1250-written/ef1cf5cc-bbfb-4c55-831d-b7897d70808c?auth=1

Thanks!  That worked!  All is good in the hood!  I got the minor touchpad issue taken care of by installing an older version of that as well.  It's looking like the old laptop is well...OLD!  LOL  It came with Vista on it, as it was before 7 was even in CTP.

Thanks!  That worked!  All is good in the hood!  I got the minor touchpad issue taken care of by installing an older version of that as well.  It's looking like the old laptop is well...OLD!  LOL  It came with Vista on it, as it was before 7 was even in CTP.

I know how you feel, I had some old machines that ran xp and I installed 7 on them. They struggle. It's amazing how much the technology changes in a few short years.

Win10 now without out-of-the-box dvd support.

Back to VLC  again until I remember why I stopped using it before.

That said I won't miss Win7 media player changing to the tracklist during a movie anytime I plug a usb device in.

I am a video encoder, so I use video players.....ALOT, and the one thing that bothers me with VLC it tries to optimize the viewing quality and sometimes causes tearing, but other than that, it is a solid player.

• 1 year later...