Ride this weekend sat 8th or sun 9th?

theroamr

Me and some guys will be in the Marietta area riding both Saturday and sunday.  You are welcome to meet up with us if you like.  Here is the facebook event page with some of the info but we will be hitting many more routes than what is listed on the event page.  

https://www.facebook.com/events/1443138329328834/

Be meeting in or around Bolivar Oh and riding south, typically ending up in Marietta. Then heading north. Pace will be brisk.

I miss riding with you guys. Got a busy August here though. This weekend is out due to motogp Indiana. Hopefully I'll be free 8/16, 8 most likely free 8/29 & 8/30 + Most of September weekends. Any weekend in October that the weather is nice. Any weekend in November that the weather is nice (wishful thinking). Definitely don't take me off the contact list. Have a good ride This weekend.

Don't know how brisk is brisk... I'd like to ride Sunday. If I'm behind at the road changes, is waiting a minute OK with this group? Otherwise I can catch up at gas if need be. No ego here.

Brisk = This is an experienced group that enjoys riding twisty roads a pretty fast sporting pace.  No egos involved, but we try to give fair notice that this isn't a Sunday stroll to look at scenery.  In the past, some have showed up and were kinda turned off by the pace, or worse...rode beyond their limits trying to keep up.

You may show up and be faster or slower than the group.  If you're faster go ahead and take the lead.  We'll gladly follow and try to learn something from you.  If the pace is quicker than your used to riding, that's cool.  Just be sensible and ride your ride within your comfort zone.  Everyone would rather wait a few minutes at a stop sign than on the side of the road for a tow truck or ambulance.

That's my interpretation.  

That said, I won't make it.  My neck is messed right now.  It's painful enough that riding isn't fun.

• Upvote 1

I am up in the air about making it this weekend. I need to find a way to make it happen since my next three weekends are booked. I dropped my wheels off at lunchtime today for new tires so if I get them back and mounted I'm game for either day right now.

The guy on the FJR followed Dave and me for a while at the end of the spring epic ride. From what I could see he was a really good safe rider. Any amount of waiting for him would be very minimal and worth including him as a new rider to the group.

Jacobhawkins if you remember following us on that ride, so far everyone that has responded will be riding the same pace that Dave and I were running. If you are looking for that kind of ride all day long then these are the right guys to ride with.

Thank UP, that is what I'm looking for.  Quicker than I normally ride but I felt comfortable following you two.  Saturday opened up for me but I'll work as late as 11 depending on when the meet is.  Sunday is better for me all around though.

You've ridden with me before Jacob.

You should be fine. Just ride your own ride. I will say that you should be prepared to ride long stretches. We do a lot more riding twisties and less stopping than most rides. It's a lot of fun, but you can get pretty tired towards the end of the ride. Just soemthing to think about.​

I can make Saturday work. Sunday is still better, but if the ride is Saturday, I'll be there.

Sorry to hear you're in pain Tony. I've had a pinched nerve in my neck all week. I've had it before. My shoulder gets out of alignment and I get a pinched feeling on the muscles on the right side of my neck. It's better today than yesterday, but neck pain ruins everything. It's terrible.

Hope you get healed up soon man.​

You've ridden with me before Jacob.

You should be fine. Just ride your own ride. I will say that you should be prepared to ride long stretches. We do a lot more riding twisties and less stopping than most rides. It's a lot of fun, but you can get pretty tired towards the end of the ride. Just soemthing to think about.​

I can make Saturday work. Sunday is still better, but if the ride is Saturday, I'll be there.

Yeah man, I just wasn't sure if you were holding back too much last time. Looking forward to it.

Sat is the day for me guys. If that works great. I will be at the Dairy Queen in Bolivar at 815-830. Then taking 212-93 to Stop briefly at 83&93 intersection in Otsego to pickup anybody around 945am. Anybody else further south can meet us in McConnelsville at gas station near river at about 1130am. I'll check board later to see if this works for everyone.

Sorry to hear you're in pain Tony. I've had a pinched nerve in my neck all week. I've had it before. My shoulder gets out of alignment and I get a pinched feeling on the muscles on the right side of my neck. It's better today than yesterday, but neck pain ruins everything. It's terrible.

Hope you get healed up soon man.​

Thanks.  On top of the neck pain, my left hand has been partially numb for about 4 months.  Riding at Deals gap was interesting not being able to really feel the road.  It's really limited my riding this season, but it's sloooowly getting better.

I'll be in Vegas for the next 2 weekends (national pool tournament), I'll hope to be riding again after that. 

Okay guys how's this. Bolivar Dq 212 to 93 to 83 to 78 into MConnelsville. Then 78 to 377 to 550 to Marietta to 26 to 260 back to 7 to 800 to woodsfield to 78 to 7 to 556 to 145 to 148 back to 800 to head north home

How about a role call and where people want to meet up along the way. Good meet spots would be in Bolivar Dq at 800 to 815 or in at Otsego at 83 and 93 intersection around 945 or McConnelsville around 1100 to 1130ish. I'm guessing on time.

Getting fucked at work now, apparently taking a week and a half and trying to miss the Saturday you come back is frowned on. I'll plan on making the 83/93 intersection, get a few hours in at least. If I get really hosed, I'll post up.