Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, going in June is retarded. It is the rainiest month of the year. Took me several years to learn that the hard way.  It is also their tornado season. I know this first hand as I had a tornado cross 81 in front of me one day as I was heading down. It was taking semi's from the truck stop across the freeway and dropping them into the farm on the other side.  Early May if it gets warm enough, otherwise July or later.

My name is Tonik, I am a recovering retard.

So I just mounted this a few weeks ago.

3000 miles on it and lots and lots of tread in the middle but the sholder to the edge is pretty much gone. This is the rear, the front looks absolutely perfect. So I ha e my front suspension dialed in need to figure out the rear.

29f3dcddc5de0b0bbd2af1761c0d8f99.jpg

16e58e7d5d9a54ae7140018f9db9decc.jpg

dde6576cbb3820e28756145cb49bc12c.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

Great, another tire thread.

Haha, nah just blame you fuckers for making rail on those beautiful roads all weekend. [emoji38]

Need to plan a all slab trip to get my monies worth out of these tires. I have the oposite problem most people have..lol

You need to get a different tire for that heavy bike. Dad rails his C14 all weekend and has better tire wear than that. Granted he only gets 3-4k out of his tires they wear better than that. He runs the pr3's.

Ran the Angel Gt was looking for more, decided to try these T30s guess I'm still looking.

Ran the Angel Gt was looking for more, decided to try these T30s guess I'm still looking.

Was it the T30GT?  If not, this would be your problem, the regular do not stand up to the extra weight.  Looks like to much flex and heating of the side of the tire when leaned over.  GT has much stiffer carcass and is made for the heavier sport touring bikes.  If this is a GT then maybe your shock is due for a rebuild?

I've got the angel GT on my bike and can roast a set of tires in 4000 miles. Dad put the angel gt's on his c14 and got about 2000. He's had the bike since 08 and since the pr3 came out, that all he uses. Stands up best to the brutality of that bike on tires. Unfortunately they are discontinuing those and the pr4 suck. So not real sure what he plans to do now.

Was it the T30GT? If not, this would be your problem, the regular do not stand up to the extra weight. Looks like to much flex and heating of the side of the tire when leaned over. GT has much stiffer carcass and is made for the heavier sport touring bikes. If this is a GT then maybe your shock is due for a rebuild?

Yes I have the GTs, and when I had the angels it was the A spec.

May have something to due with running 42psi...

It's what Kawi and all the COG guy say you have to run or you will eat them up even quicker on the slab. And I've played with that too and it's a true story. Only benefit you get from lower pressure is grip and as you seen this weekend I have very little to no problems with that.

I just need to realize it's one of those "it is what it is type of things". it's a super heavy bike with a heavy rider hitting the corners like a "fucking race bike" [emoji38] Just have to deal with a new tire every 3 to 4 thou

Edited by 2talltim

Feel like it's suspension related...

Did you adjust preload with the heavier load (packed for trip)? Or do you keep the same setting as unloaded all the time. How many miles are on the bike? There are a lot of bearing and pivot points on a C14 swing arm and any sloppy pivots could reak havoc on a rear tire. If you have more than 20k on the bike, the shock could need service as well.

Edited by whaler

It's what Kawi and all the COG guy say you have to run or you will eat them up even quicker on the slab. And I've played with that too and it's a true story. Only benefit you get from lower pressure is grip and as you seen this weekend I have very little to no problems with that.

I just need to realize it's one of those "it is what it is type of things". it's a super heavy bike with a heavy rider hitting the corners like a "fucking race bike" [emoji38] Just have to deal with a new tire every 3 to 4 thou

I came to the same realization. I guess the bright side is you get new tires quicker. Everyone loves the feel of two new tires.

Feel like it's suspension related...

Did you adjust preload with the heavier load (packed for trip)? Or do you keep the same setting as unloaded all the time. How many miles are on the bike? There are a lot of bearing and pivot points on a C14 swing arm and any sloppy pivots could reak havoc on a rear tire. If you have more than 20k on the bike, the shock could need service as well.

This is a huge point. My father fabricated and redesigned his entire rear end because the stock is so sloppy. It had improved his tire wear and stability at high speeds.

To the air pressure comment, he runs his tires at recommended pressures and gets good wear. The pr3 is dual compound and it does well. He's also got traxxion dynamics front and rear suspension work done to the bike.

Tim, if you have any real questions about the bike I'm sure he can provide an answer that might help you out. He's got 90k on the c14 he owns.