Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

Tire wear and mileage are two different beasts. The pictures he posted were talking about tire wear.

Getting rid of the slop in the rear end and upgrading the suspension yielded much better tire wear. Mileage on that bike is just the nature of the beast, 3-4k of spirited riding is what that bike gets. I know c14 guys that run shinkos and getting 8000 miles. They aren't running 1000's of miles of twistys though.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten 12k from a front and 8k from a rear when thr bike was new to me. But I was scared of it and couldn't corner worth a crap back then. Now I'm riding it like a 400 sport bike and think I'm super man on it. I know I'm not going to see that mileage again just looking for the best I can get while maintaining the performance I've been abusing.

Edited by 2talltim

I tried to show some of the scenery...riding is riding. It looks like we are going slow because the camera is sitting so high. Next time I'll run 2 cameras. One on the bike, one on the helmet.

It looks like you're going slow because there is always a white elephant in front of you. :)

Edited by cmh_sprint

Doc...interested in exploring some dirt and gravel this weekend?

Real distance travelled is not far, will start in the Mohican area...wander south a bit, then east and north, seeing how much can be done without pavement.

I wish I could Dan, but I think my riding season is over for 2015 :( because of new work demands