Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the same shield as the GT Air, and they are readily available in the United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoei-CNS-1-Visor-Lens-Shield-fits-GT-AIR-NeoTec-Helmet-Smoke-Spectra-Silver-/391263960981?var=&hash=item5b19263f95&vxp=mtr

They are now but weren't 6 weeks ago when I ordered. Trust me, I searched. I called Revzilla and they said everyone was backordered.

BTW, that eBAY one is not an official Shoei shield. Shoei only makes the CNS-1 in clear. Does it matter? Don't know.

Edited by ScubaCinci

I saw those...wasn't willing to buy knockoffs.

Funny you say that, my helmet must have came with a knock off..lol. This one I just got is thre first one that acually said Made is Italy and has the Nolan logo on it. Plus this is the first one that has the silicone seal around it that goes up against the visor

Might just keep the old one in and pack the new one with my unddies. When I get sick of looking through the scratch just toss it.

I love you man, but keeping a perfectly good one in the luggage while you use the crappy one that Dan ruined seems stupid to me.

I love you man, but keeping a perfectly good one in the luggage while you use the crappy one that Dan ruined seems stupid to me.

You're talking to a man that likes to try to squeeze a quarter out of a dime. But yeah after I posted it and then read my post I kind of thought the same thing "why am I going to do that?"[emoji12]

Sorry...but you're wrong again!

Shoei most clearly (get it?) makes them in smoke and irridium

https://jp.shoei.com/products/en/parts_list.php

Funny...can't find these on the Shoei NA site which is where I looked. I even read on one site that they didn't make tinted visors for these since it has the internal shield, therefore no need. I'll have to dig that up again.

Funny...can't find these on the Shoei NA site which is where I looked. I even read on one site that they didn't make tinted visors for these since it has the internal shield, therefore no need. I'll have to dig that up again.

Only clear are DOT approved. The more you know or something...

None of the links I posted are knockoffs

And speaking of knockoffs, I used a couple of them several years ago on a Shoei RF-1100, and they fit perfectly and had no optical clarity issues I could see.

And they were less than half of the stock ones.

From what I can see, there ARE no knockoffs available YET for the CNS-1

Ok now, you're wrong :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoei-CNS-1-Visor-Lens-Shield-fits-GT-AIR-NeoTec-Helmet-Smoke-Spectra-Silver-/391263960981?var=&hash=item5b19263f95&vxp=mtr&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

These replacement shields are not made by Shoei (equivalent to CNS-1)

Edited by ScubaCinci

You're talking to a man that likes to try to squeeze a quarter out of a dime. But yeah after I posted it and then read my post I kind of thought the same thing "why am I going to do that?"[emoji12]

Before I second guessed it I took the old one out and destroyed it. So new ones looked in and ready to roll.

Sorry to interrupt this thread on visors, but....

The girlfriend got Friday off, so now we're leaving in the morning and taking a meandering route down. Still going to stay in Maryville Friday night, but we'll be exploring Daniel Boone National Forest on they way there.

Saturday will be riding all the fun roads around Robbinsville. Since you guys won't be to the cabin until Saturday night, I'll meet up with you there and maybe have a beer or two with you guys before calling it a night at the Microtel in town. I've got a gift for Dan I need to make sure we meet up and give him.

Then Sunday will be a meandering route home. Wish she could've got Monday off too, but she's got to work.

Future reference when i want to do another trip and more than 2 people are going someone else take the reigns please... :lol:

I always over think EVERYTHING and want to make everyone happy, and its not alway possible..Grrrr

Anyway...

I might stay at the hotel now and let the other 3 share the 3 bed cabin and we wont need the 2 bed cabin. Couple benefits to this...#1 will be cheaper for the boys at the cabin,  #2 my wife and kids have shared their germs with me ive had a cough and running nose the last 24 hours and i don't want to share with yall in a tight quarters. If i stick to this plan ill still hang out at the cabin for some evening shenanigans. I'v got till 6pm tomorrow to cancel my reservation, ill see how i feel by mid after noon and make the decision.