Front license plates

zx3vfr

Been talked about for years and no action taken.  I would love to see them go.  PoePoe say then need it...not buying it personally.  Dumping them would mean LOTS of money saved by the state.

Don't expect that petition to do much anytime soon.

I was crouched under my car bumper last summer and when I stood up my leg above the knee wedged under my licence plate and cut through the whole layer of skin into the fat. As a cyclist and motorcyclist please no cutting utensils mounted to the front of multi ton vehicles. My car has a plate frame now.

Been talked about for years and no action taken.  I would love to see them go.  PoePoe say then need it...not buying it personally.  Dumping them would mean LOTS of money saved by the state.

Don't expect that petition to do much anytime soon.

They need it as another reflective target for their laser guns?

Shit I was pulled over 3x in one day in the same city for not having a front plate and didn't even get a ticket

Racial profiling, they were looking for illegals. Rick nailed it, it was their excuse.

• Upvote 1

There has to be more to this story? Cops generally do not write tickets for a missing front plate they only use it as a reason to pull you over to look for other things.

I was driving a birght orange lowered truck with chrome wheels and a custom front bumper cover. It's hard to blend in.

Racial profiling, they were looking for illegals. Rick nailed it, it was their excuse.

This was back in high school. The one cop just didn't like me for whatever reason. He pulled me over twice that day and probably 4-5 times over 2 years.

Cop #1 Got me on my way to work then again when I ran out for lunch. Hassled me at lunch because i said I would put it on when I got home that night and he clearly wasn't listening. Cop #2 got me on the way home from work and had to explain I still had not been home to put the damn thing on because I was working to pay for the car

My youngest son built a 99 grand -am with a custom body kit bright red with white tribal art paint job The engine put out about 8oo hp and the back only license plate was V8KILR he was pulled over 32 times the first summer and never got a ticket he kept a log book and tried to get every cop that pulled him over to sign it. The day the paint job was done he had to work so he asked me to pick it up on the way home a cop turned around and followed me all the way to the restraint we were having dinner at the car had black out windows and he was surprised when I got out of the car.

My youngest son built a 99 grand -am with a custom body kit bright red with white tribal art paint job The engine put out about 8oo hp and the back only license plate was V8KILR he was pulled over 32 times the first summer and never got a ticket he kept a log book and tried to get every cop that pulled him over to sign it. The day the paint job was done he had to work so he asked me to pick it up on the way home a cop turned around and followed me all the way to the restraint we were having dinner at the car had black out windows and he was surprised when I got out of the car.

I also got a tint ticket in my car. Of course, my tint strip on the windshield was a good ways down. It's always state patrol, local cops never give me any issues. The state trooper didnt like me asking him why his windows were tinted darker than mine, and he wasn't a K-9 unit. Double standards....

Edited by JustinNck1

Got warnings on my 88 RX7 convertible. Plate was stuck between dash and windshield on the passengers side, but it was view able from the outside. Cop told me it has to be front, center on bumper.   Based on that, I am waiting on them bitching about my jeep.  It is on the bumper but way to the right side.  

I've had no plate for 6 years. Never got pulled over just for it. Once i was hit for speeding by a state boy and i quickly tossed it in the windshield before he walked up. He was more worried about it as a safety hazard than not having it on the front of the car. I was polite and agreed that i was speeding and he gave me a warning for being honest. 

I also got a tint ticket in my car. Of course, my tint strip on the windshield was a good ways down. It's always state patrol, local cops never give me any issues. The state trooper didnt like me asking him why his windows were tinted darker than mine, and he wasn't a K-9 unit. Double standards....

I don't have a tint strip. My entire windshield is tinted. Good luck getting a light meter onto the windshield!

• Upvote 1

I think front plates are silly, but i wouldn't be caught driving without one.  It's just a conspicuous and valid excuse to initiate a traffic stop.  I don't need to deal with that.

Say you have a few beers at the bar and are driving just fine - then on the way home, you're pulled over for not having a front plate.   Now you've created reasonable suspicion to pull you over, when the police would otherwise have just ignored you.  Same goes for driving with a headlight out, etc.  Just a dumb risk to take, IMHO.

When was this grand am built and what kind of motor?

Drove without a front for 10 years.. from my 96 grand am turbo with body kit, a gsx, rx8 and onto my trucks. Was never once pulled over for a plate. bought a house in Minerva park. Was pulled over first day for no plate in my truck. Was told if I didn't plate it he would impound it. Never received a written warning so Ignored it. 1 week later same cop pulls me over tickets me 120ish and issues a fixit ticket. Said I warned you next time I'm I'm pounding it.. so I plated it.

Why give law enforcement the opportunity to pull you over?

I've been pulled over for no front plate. It was at 3:30am on a Saturday night. He used it as an opportunity to check me for OVI. Being stone sober I'm sure he was disappointed.

If they are looking for something, they will find a way to justify the stop. Broken light, no plate, no license plate light, improper lane change, following too close, etc. etc.

Plate it, or possibly get harassed about it. Simple choice to me.

Edited by Cdubyah

Why give law enforcement the opportunity to pull you over?

I've been pulled over for no front plate. It was at 3:30am on a Saturday night. He used it as an opportunity to check me for OVI. Being stone sober I'm sure he was disappointed.

If they are looking for something, they will find a way to justify the stop. Broken light, no plate, no license plate light, improper lane change, following too close, etc. etc.

Plate it, or possibly get harassed about it. Simple choice to me.

No Holes in the bumper is why.