New software...

Casper

20 minutes ago, snot said:

@Tonik why can't I see signatures?

You are on your phone I assume.  They don't show in the mobile version, our descriptions under our names are shortened also.....It's to give you a clean spiffy fast loading look on your phone.  Hit a computer and they will be there. Might be adjustable by @Casper but not sure it should be adjusted.

Yes I am on my phone, no computer in the kitchen. I only noticed because I need to call Mike Monday at riders discount. I have his number now.

Thank you Tonik

Edited by snot

4 hours ago, snot said:

Yes I am on my phone, no computer in the kitchen. I only noticed because I need to call Mike Monday at riders discount. I have his number now.

Thank you Tonik

You MUST have all of the recipes written, or printed out, then.  No need to have allrecipes.com open and the attraction of other websites to potentially distract you from your duties!

• Upvote 1

If not logged in ( or 1st time visitor) clicks "what's new", they get a you're not allowed to do that message. no default available?

Which reminds me of my History of human invention speech.

Someone said they would create human flight.

They said you cannot do that.

Someone said they would cure polio.

They said you cannot do that.

Someone said they would put a man on the moon.

They said you cannot do that.

Man created computers.

And they spend most of their time telling us "You cannot do that".

• Upvote 1

Hot linking photo's seems to be broke.

Under 'Insert other media'  there is a box to paste the url.  When you do, the photo comes up as a broken link.  Tried it with Dropbox and Smugmug.

So this picture is inserted:

A

Here is just the url.

https://jimkennedy.smugmug.com/Black-Hills-2015/i-VnV4jtV/A

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

That's the wrong url. Notice it doesn't end in a file extension. That's the url to share the image, not embed it. I'll see if there's something I can do to auto embed it though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Casper said:

That's the wrong url. Notice it doesn't end in a file extension. That's the url to share the image, not embed it. I'll see if there's something I can do to auto embed it though. 

Got ya.  Seeing a lot of broke pic links from peeps, and figured out this is the way they are doing it.

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Got ya.  Seeing a lot of broke pic links from peeps, and figured out this is the way they are doing it.

Has to end in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc. It's just html, so it has to be the full path to the image. Not a Java or PHP image processor. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen that on the unread page or custom feed pages too.  This is going to sound crazy but I think it is because the poster used a backspace, or originally typed it without a space. Then corrected it later.  It is like the summary page isn't getting the correction.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

used a backspace, or originally typed it without a space. Then corrected it later.  It is like the summary page isn't getting the correction.

Could be it. I was just having flashbacks to Microsoft hidden formatting hell. Cut & Paste from Word doc to CRM email template, then depending on your email service you may or may not receive email with a space.