unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

1 hour ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Rain suit makes for a good Wind Breaker to help keep you warmer when faced with colder temps!

^^This^^  

Hopefully we wont need them for rain at all, just to keep warm in the morning

Sry to hear that chad....but CONGRATULATIONS bro....that's exciting news about ur house.. we will hit hocking at least a dozen times this summer...we have plenty of time to ride. 

I'm gonna trailer this year Hellmutt...sry bro...I'll pull in at comp though by 0730...I have 3-4 other guys that are gonna ride..so I'll meet u there....if it wS hocking hills I'd just ride...but bro...I been burnt the last two years from new concord.....torential downpours and 50* weather....I hope we get back to Logan next year

1 hour ago, o-no-moto said:

100% out. Havent missed the ride for the last 4 years but i close on my house Thursday and will be moving. Everybody be safe and have fun.

Completely understandable.  And well worth skipping the ride for.  The new house looks NICE - congrats, brotorcycle!

53 minutes ago, DUBIE said:

I'm gonna trailer this year Hellmutt...sry bro...I'll pull in at comp though by 0730...I have 3-4 other guys that are gonna ride..so I'll meet u there....if it wS hocking hills I'd just ride...but bro...I been burnt the last two years from new concord.....torential downpours and 50* weather....I hope we get back to Logan next year

No problem at all.  Looking forward to shakin hands with some new riders.  Are they on the forum?

Just now, DUBIE said:

I don't think their on the forum yet..but I've mentioned it to them several times...sure they will eventually 

Maybe they'll dig the experience and sign up.  Be good to see ya again too.  Fingers crossed for Saturday

Tpoppa...u just need a couple percocets and a shot or 3 of some good bourbon and you'll b set!!!! Painless ride...lol. ..just kidding bro...that abdominal wall does need some time to heal, fully!

Verified with the church this morning and they are okay with us to be there.  They have an event in the morning and they just asked that we try and keep the noise levels down in the parking lot in respect of the seminar.  So no rev bombing, etc.  

We will have a collection plate/box for anyone that wants to donate a little bit of money to the church for letting us use their property as a meeting place.  This would be a nice gesture to the church for them being so flexible in allowing us to use their location as a meet spot.  

Maybe we can even let the hate parade hand over the donation.  That would be irony at it's finest. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah hopefully it keeps shifting. Me and Chris (Shoop) will be meeting at 339 Park N Ride Saturday morning if anyone in SEO wants to ride up.

I ended up buying a chest harness (saw your vid a while back) looking forward to seeing the footage that I capture using it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DerekClouser said:

Gotta go with the chin mount! it's the best view!

I have one on the side of my helmet. I like the sense of movement of and on the bike with the chest mount. If anything it'll just be another view. I still dont know what I am doing with footage. I normally have it set to take pictures every so often since I really dont have a way to edit video (I dont really care to edit video footage) minus little clips I can use for social media and such.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

I have one on the side of my helmet. I like the sense of movement of and on the bike with the chest mount. If anything it'll just be another view. I still dont know what I am doing with footage. I normally have it set to take pictures every so often since I really dont have a way to edit video (I dont really care to edit video footage) minus little clips I can use for social media and such.

I usually just let mine run the entire time and have ridiculously long videos. I'm sure its boring to some, but in the dead of winter I like to sit and watch them again. I will probably record the entire ride.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the thumbscrew facing inward on his chest.  Something happens where you go down, that thumb screw is gonna hurt.  I have a ton of allen keyed bolts that don't extrude much more than the head of the bolt.  Much nicer, but not as convenient if you want to adjust, so I leave one thumbscrew in for the main adjustment and the rest I set before and don't ever really touch. 

6 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I don't like the thumbscrew facing inward on his chest.  Something happens where you go down, that thumb screw is gonna hurt.  I have a ton of allen keyed bolts that don't extrude much more than the head of the bolt.  Much nicer, but not as convenient if you want to adjust, so I leave one thumbscrew in for the main adjustment and the rest I set before and don't ever really touch. 

I just noticed that, I don't run the extension on mine, but I could see that hurting in the event of a fall.

Am I correct in assuming Sunday is the rain date? 

Saturday is looking fantastic as far as weather goes. If you're into that whole precipitation thingy. Honestly if it doessn't improve by Friday I will have to opt out. I'm not feeling a 3 hour ride to put around in some rain. 

Of all of the weekends to get shitty weather... lol

Its only Tuesday. I never get all bent outta shape or even listen to those weather reports several DAYS ahead of time!  I will decide when its Friday and the weather report gets updated.

Fingers crossed until then . . .

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja
  • Upvote 1