Who here has a jeep wrangler...

oldschoolsdime92

9 hours ago, max power said:

You ain't gonna wheel a $30k + jeep. 

How much for our beloved gap truck?

I didn't spend the money I did to have a pavement princess. The 10 day trip through South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado with the family this summer will involve as much 2 track as we can find. Most likely keeping the X and selling the F150.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Casper said:

Never buy an AMC anything. 

But buy fiat/Chrysler anything?  

Makes sense  

24 minutes ago, cmh_sprint said:

I didn't spend the money I did to have a pavement princess. The 10 day trip through South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado with the family this summer will involve as much 2 track as we can find. Most likely keeping the X and selling the F150.

Put me on the list if you ever want to sell it. I'd need to upgrade the brakes though. :D

Had a YJ, Daily driver now is a TJ.  Loved them both.  TJ more comfy to drive.  Never really have gotten to take it off roading because no one wants to take a woman with them, even if they are OK with getting dirty and promises a basket of sandwiches.  

I know of a '98 4 cyl 5 speed that supposedly has a solid frame and the rust isn't too too bad. 145,000 miles on it and think he's asking $2500. Wish the timing was better otherwise I'd go look at it for myself. I prefer the 6, but I don't mind the 4 at the right price for the type of use I'd plan for it

14 hours ago, Bad324 said:

I know of a '98 4 cyl 5 speed that supposedly has a solid frame and the rust isn't too too bad. 145,000 miles on it and think he's asking $2500. Wish the timing was better otherwise I'd go look at it for myself. I prefer the 6, but I don't mind the 4 at the right price for the type of use I'd plan for it

Hemi swap. 

15 hours ago, speedytriple said:

Oldschool, I work with a guy who is looking to get rid of his 03 wrangler. It's a 4.0 5speed soft top that is very well taken care of. It has 94000 on it clean frame an body. If your interested let me know I can get you his info its red by the way.

If he's not interested, I am. 

It's stock in good shape cosmically, mechanical is very well cared for. He bought it for his son right before he blew his knee out he can no longer drive a stick. He uses it to drive to work once in awhile but needs it gone. I believe he is asking $8000 obo. If you want his number I can grab it tomorrow when I see him at work. It located near Cleveland though.

Edited by speedytriple

On 3/16/2016 at 11:00 PM, Casper said:

seriously this stupid fucking quote issue has got to go

On 3/16/2016 at 11:00 PM, Casper said:

If mostly stock and not a Rubi, should be in the $6k to $9k range

well that's a pleasant surprise hearing its $8k obo, would be exactly what I'm looking for but don't have the funds for it yet

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

I'm just in the exploratory phases of having a Wrangler as a toy. Still not entirely sure I want to go that route over a 4th gen Trans Am.

None of it really matters anyway until we move and I get a new job

36 minutes ago, speedytriple said:

From another angle lol those new trans ams are junk. You gotta get a old one way better then the new ones. 

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/ctd/5474218348.html

No thanks, had my experience with a 2nd gen and it wasn't any fun. My 4th gen Camaro was fun as hell

On March 16, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Casper said:

If he's not interested, I am. 

I've seen pics , it looks good. I can't seem to find the time to make it up north to go look at it. He called a few days go and I haven't seemed to find time, that I can chat awhile on the phone about it. So I shall pass things on to you now.