Saturday - July 9th 2016 - NEO to SEO

DerekClouser

As some of you may remember from last couple years, my twin brother passed away in a motorcycle accident on July 12, 2012.  

The closest Saturday (weather permitting) to that date, I always try to make it a point to take a ride in his memory.  

Anyone interested in riding is welcome.  I know vintage days at Mid-Ohio is also this weekend  and quite a few have agreed to that.  

I did just get a new bike, so pace will be according to how I feel on it, if I feel uncomfortable, the faster guys can always take the lead and if I feel fast, I will wait for anyone at stop signs/turns. 

Meet at 83/250 in Wooster at the MinitMart.. Kickstands up at around 8am.  Route will be 83-78-377-550-7-800-26-260-78-83

Anyone who wants to attend but can't ride the full route is welcome to jump in or jump out at any point they want... just let us know when that will be so we can look for you or know you dropped out to head back and nothing bad happened.  

This ride is a go, weather permitting. 

Post up if you are interested. 

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 3

Wish I could join you Derek, but working the weekend. But I am sure many will join to ride as this will be a beautiful weekend and share the day and memories with you. Sorry again for your loss and next year I will join you for sure. 

• Upvote 1

What time are you planning to start your ride Derek? If it's early enough I may be able to join in. I have to be back up here in no mans land by 3:30 is my problem. 

Just now, durk said:

That means I need to hit the road by 6am. That's early but possible. How long of a route are you thinking?

Planning on heading down to the river or so.  So for me 400+miles, but again people can jump in, jump out as needed to fit their schedules

I'm in C'bus, but sounds like I am free on Saturday and the weather is looking great.   8am to Wooster isn't happening, but I would be interested in dropping in with you mid-transit.  

3 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Wooster at 8 is too early and 400 miles is too long for this old pussy. 

Get your ass down there. We can both peel off early and pick up the pace. You are way closer than me to Wooster.

Well whaler has confirmed he is in which makes this ride a go.... weather permitting. 

Route will be fairly standard, 83-78-377-550-7-800-260-26-78-83  with lunch in Marietta.  

Jump in or peel off at anytime.  

Just now, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Tempting. Still gun shy after crashing the TL on my last group ride.

Don't think of it as a group ride.   No one will be pushing you, just ride your own ride.  But ultimately, up to you...

42 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

I'd love to join in but I should probably get some solo time in on the new ride before I try a group ride.  Sorry about your bro. :(

All good man, again, I'm on a new bike also.  

I would like to join. I rode 550 a couple weeks ago and would of liked to hit a few others.  About what time will you be on 78 or even 550. Its about a 1 1/2 slab ride for me plus i will have a couple of newbies in tow so i hope i pace isnt to fast for them but fast enough to enjoy on the sport bike

33 minutes ago, o-no-moto said:

I would like to join. I rode 550 a couple weeks ago and would of liked to hit a few others.  About what time will you be on 78 or even 550. Its about a 1 1/2 slab ride for me plus i will have a couple of newbies in tow so i hope i pace isnt to fast for them but fast enough to enjoy on the sport bike

Derek always waits at stops. So long as everyone rides their own ride!

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1