IP Yammie Demo Day road trip.

Tonik

These pics are great!

Thanks for letting me join you guys, I mean even though I have I have one of those Italian bikes that you aren't supposed to ride... It was good time, the only bad part was the scorching heat...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

So they had an FZ10 there but not available as a demo (if I'm reading the thread correctly)?

I really want to ride that things. The FZ1 was one of the best bikes ever. As I understand it from a few who bought one, they are a cross between the R1 and the second gen FZ1. Probably a little more aggressive in the seating than I'd like but I bet that motor is the shit.

@Tonik - I felt the same about the FJR...it just never called to me. Nice bike but no soul.

The gen2 FZ1s especially fully tuned, pulls like a freight train but is also very smooth ;-)

I called IP Friday they told me "Yamaha won't allow anyone to demo when the roads are wet" I'm like....come again? R u screwing with me? Then they told me they didn't have the new fz1 available for demo. Isn't the point of a demo day to get u hooked on a new ride, 1 u may not need but want? So you buy it!?

I think that was pretty piss poor of them to do. Because we all know there are a ton of Yamaha demo days in Ohio (not) or any state lol. Don't worry they will have 1 there next summer I'm sure, a year and a half after it came out. Chaps my ass.

54a32d8a84a1b213900542748c59c67a.jpg

double thumbin' it!

55 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I ordered new Pirellis for the Multisdtrada. You still wanna ride it in September, @Tonik? Or should I bring the Supersport? 

Dunno man. That is far off, who knows what I will be thinking then.

But liter bikes are my next test ride.

41 minutes ago, silentcropduster said:

The gen2 FZ1s especially fully tuned, pulls like a freight train but is also very smooth ;-)

I called IP Friday they told me "Yamaha won't allow anyone to demo when the roads are wet" I'm like....come again? R u screwing with me? Then they told me they didn't have the new fz1 available for demo. Isn't the point of a demo day to get u hooked on a new ride, 1 u may not need but want? So you buy it!?

I think that was pretty piss poor of them to do. Because we all know there are a ton of Yamaha demo days in Ohio (not) or any state lol. Don't worry they will have 1 there next summer I'm sure, a year and a half after it came out. Chaps my ass.

54a32d8a84a1b213900542748c59c67a.jpg

double thumbin' it!

I'm guessing it isn't Yamaha's call, but rather, Iron Pony is actually the one who makes that decision because they were the ones required to carry the insurance for it to happen.  Could be wrong, but maybe IP didn't want to risk it. 

I'm guessing it isn't Yamaha's call, but rather, Iron Pony is actually the one who makes that decision because they were the ones required to carry the insurance for it to happen.  Could be wrong, but maybe IP didn't want to risk it. 

I rode the Ducati Diavel a few weeks ago at their demo day, it was a 25k bike lol

double thumbin' it!

fz10 is a 2017 model here. The demos are 2016 (tho i just test drove a 2017 kia) Could be government approvals?

Photoshopped 09 headlight http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs1.cdn.autoevolution.com%2Fimages%2Fnews%2Fgallery%2Fyamaha-mt-10-in-valentino-rossi-livery-and-more-from-ad-koncept_10.jpg&key=KoZ_BqmfArDR0_SmkvVNjg&w=600&h=364

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

fz10 is a 2017 model here. The demos are 2016 (tho i just test drove a 2017 kia) Could be government approvals?

Photoshopped 09 headlight http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs1.cdn.autoevolution.com%2Fimages%2Fnews%2Fgallery%2Fyamaha-mt-10-in-valentino-rossi-livery-and-more-from-ad-koncept_10.jpg&key=KoZ_BqmfArDR0_SmkvVNjg&w=600&h=364

I like it much more with the 09 headlight.  I do wonder if the front bodywork of the FZ10 deflects air up or around the rider or if it's just a big plastic bug catcher.

1 hour ago, Wojo72 said:

I like it much more with the 09 headlight.  I do wonder if the front bodywork of the FZ10 deflects air up or around the rider or if it's just a big plastic bug catcher.

I checked with Yamaha out in Cypress....it's a Zombie removal device,very loosely based on the old cattle catchers on trains.Sadly it's not approved for deer.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I ordered new Pirellis for the Multisdtrada. You still wanna ride it in September, @Tonik? Or should I bring the Supersport?

I have a feeling he might pull the trigger before that on a supersport bike :p but then again he is a very mature and well sorted out, almost verge of OCD on details kind off individual and will study the thread of the fairing bolt before a purchase unlike a person I know really well :(

16 hours ago, Tonik said:

Dunno man. That is far off, who knows what I will be thinking then.

But liter bikes are my next test ride.

once u go liter sports bike u goona make the decision pretty quick :D

I am just waiting for you to put clip on and ohlins on the cow couch by next year since your so used to your new sports bike

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

once u go liter sports bike u goona make the decision pretty quick :D

I went liter, and have had more fun on my last 2 600cc class motorcycles. I have been getting the liter itch for the past year or so. But I'm too picky with what liter I'd actually buy.