Which Type of Bike is Fastest on the Street?

Wojo72

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

still got got the two bronze buddies? 

I don't think he stopped riding altogether but like so many others on this board he couldn't stop his thing from making babies, you can figure out the rest.

To address the video. Changing the road and distances will get different results using the same bikes as in the video. How you feel after you are done riding also plays into buying decisions. The goal isn't always speed, for me it's having a good time. I am one of the unlucky people that can't ride a cruiser, the damn things just kill my back. I however have no such discomfort riding a sportbike. I do get fatigued on long slow rides because of pressure created from the riding position on my wrists and shoulders. A faster ride on roads that require me to get off of the bike leaves me with little discomfort riding a sportbike.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

A faster ride on roads that require me to get off of the bike leaves me with little discomfort riding a sportbike.

This, as I am always moving around.

I'd rather ride 350 miles of twisties than spend an 1.5 hours on the slab.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

This, as I am always moving around.

I'd rather ride 350 miles of twisties than spend an 1.5 hours on the slab.

This is why I like my VFR12.  I slabbed it all the way to the Gap and felt fine.  It did just fine on in the twisties when I got there.   

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2016 at 9:50 AM, NinjaDoc said:

On a side note, y u stop riding? :yuno:

still got got the two bronze buddies? 

Didn't stop.  Still have them both, but nowadays they're getting trailered everywhere.  One to the dragstrip, the other to MidOh - doesn't even have street fairings on it anymore.

His test was stupid. He's comparing times, but wearing jeans?

i agree with him that going 100% on public roads is foolish, but that makes his measurement for evaluation irrelevant. 

My guess is that the V Strom is really the best blend of performance, comfort, and versatility.