Travel trailer license plate question?

Gump

On October 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Casper said:

Second time tonight this answer is relevant: Steal the plate from @max power when he's sleeping. 

Do you actually think I have a plate on my camper? :lol:

put a trailer plate on that bitch and rocket. And get your license changed back to Ohio. It's where your main residence is. 

On 10/3/2016 at 8:29 PM, 2talltim said:

Just use the plate off your other trailer and don't give cops a reason to run it. 

This may be common knowledge, but police do not need a reason to run your plate. 

It's extremely common for officers to run every plate at an intersection when they're waiting on a light.  If you have a vanity plate, I can almost guarantee you it's run every time an officer notices it.  It's just easy for them to remember and enter without looking back and forth.  Plus they're generally curious who thought of it if it's halfway clever. 

5 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

This may be common knowledge, but police do not need a reason to run your plate. 

It's extremely common for officers to run every plate at an intersection when they're waiting on a light.  If you have a vanity plate, I can almost guarantee you it's run every time an officer notices it.  It's just easy for them to remember and enter without looking back and forth.  Plus they're generally curious who thought of it if it's halfway clever. 

Ohio Highway Patrol has plate scanners.  Scans as they drive past you.  Had someone in a group I was leading get pulled over from that a few years ago.

13 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

I'd love to know how many times the plate on my M5 was run when I had it. "ITS DADS". 5% tint all around and 35% on the windshield. Couldnt see up in that car for the life of you.

Edited by TimTheAzn

40 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Ohio Highway Patrol has plate scanners.  Scans as they drive past you.  Had someone in a group I was leading get pulled over from that a few years ago.

OHP is quite prolific.   I would be surprised if they have the budget for plate scanners on EVERY cruiser, but it's possible.  Super Troopers wasn't all comedy.  They keep busting drug traffickers, especially heroin, and they're going to keep getting more funding. 

40 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'd love to know how many times the plate on my M5 was run when I had it. "ITS DADS". 5% tint all around and 35% on the windshield. Couldnt see up in that car for the life of you.

I used to play the window tint game. The area I live in doesn't like it apparently. $150 for the ticket, but after the officer handed it to me, i proceeded to tell him why he was a hypocrite since his windows were darker than mine. My truck still has double layers 5% on the back and 20% on the front sides.

4 hours ago, max power said:

Do you actually think I have a plate on my camper? :lol:

put a trailer plate on that bitch and rocket. And get your license changed back to Ohio. It's where your main residence is. 

Incorrect Bubby. And that would cause more headaches with the other 5 trailers in NC. 

Edited by Gump

On 10/6/2016 at 0:16 PM, max power said:

Why the hell do you have five trailers down there? 

Because it's where I live and I like to fish, Jetski, waterski, tow bikes, something to do with my kids and it's how I got all my stuff down here. 

Edited by Gump

On 10/7/2016 at 6:53 AM, M_Quick said:

Idk but sounds like he has plenty of options for a plate!

I only have 2 plates.;) I call them the watercraft plate and the utility trailer plate. I can't let them go, the tt is going to pa for a while.

im going send someone a POA to pickup the new tag.