International Motorcycle Show - Cleveland

ScubaCinci

13 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

It's working out that I can only go Friday. 

That's when the wife and I are going. @ricer1 will probably be there. Dinner afterwards. Plan on being at the door a 3 when it opens.

It's the better day, much less crowded until after 5pm or so.

11 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Intermediate is a shitshow filled with throttle jockeys that should be in Novice or sandbaggers that need to move up to Advanced. Then there's the poor bastard that actually belongs in I-group and gets his bike smashed by some douchecanoe instructor with a MotoGP complex. 

I'll stick to Buicks and stray animals, as well. 

I'll give you that I is a meat grinder. I've had positive experiences thusfar with N2. Hopefully that continues. Hopefully I'll be around less fuckery in A.

1 minute ago, durk said:

Boy I just looked at this thread and makes wonder if I really want to do the track thing. I'd be pretty ticked if a CR cut me off like that and said it was my fault.  

Only you can make that decision. Don't let me or them sway you either way, we are biased in our own way. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:16 PM, Casper said:

Does said pizza shop have beer? Or is there a bar nearby? Would be pretty cool if we could send some business your way. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Vulcan_Rider said:

Unfortunately there is no license available here so no

Master Pizza Middleburg Heights on the corner of Bagley and Pearl

True story.  I am about 5 miles from the IX Center and about 3 miles from where we went last year (Upper Deck) which was literally on the same road.

Do you permit BYOB?

Just checked out the IMS web site and seen tickets are $16, parking is $10 ( they are even charging for MC parking now) and it will be $25 worth of gas to run up there. Everyone already knows I'm cheap skate, but is it really worth almost $70 fo rme and the Mrs.to go up there and walk around a already over crowded place and not really see much that interest us.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Hmm, I saw you were going earlier in the day. Would that be before or after you go to the show?

After. Show at 3 then dinner. Where is undecided but Public House is a good bet. Text me if you are thinking of showing up.

47 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Just checked out the IMS web site and seen tickets are $16, parking is $10 ( they are even charging for MC parking now) and it will be $25 worth of gas to run up there. Everyone already knows I'm cheap skate, but is it really worth almost $70 fo rme and the Mrs.to go up there and walk around a already over crowded place and not really see much that interest us.

There are discount coupons available. $2 off is common and at one time I found a $4 off. Will look again. 

I cant understand why they wont cover MC parking. Not like that is going to be a huge revenue loss for a Cleveland event in January. Only a few crazies/diehards will ride unless the weather is in the 1% like last Sunday. Even then 90% will drive.

Since I'm in a walking boot I cant ride anyways this year so I'm trying to see who I can go with to save on parking. $10/car is excessive, especially given the availability. But the city of Cleveland does have a monopoly on park at the IX center, so they can charge as much as they want.

Craig

On 1/25/2017 at 11:44 AM, 2talltim said:

I wouldn't waste my time or $ on the show ....but that's your decision to make.

I prolly wouldn't go every year if I didn't live 15 minutes from the show but I do.  Why do I persist?  Because it's in the middle of the winter & my wife makes me take her, & I like riding, & sitting on new motorcycles makes me think of riding.  Besides, $38 for admission for 2 plus parking just ain't that outrageous considering I will probably spend at least that much on lunch after the show.