Best place to buy used phones

redkow97

I have an iPhone 5c that I paid $1.99 for along with my last Verizon contract.

It's about 4 years old now, and does not have nearly enough storage for modern apps, operating systems, and videos of my adorable children. 

I want to 'upgrade' to something with more storage.  That does not necessarily mean a newer phone.  a 32GB iPhone 5c would be fine.  I rather enjoy being able to fit my phone into my pocket, the tail bag of my bike, cup holder of my car, etc.

So which site is reputable and won't price-gouge me?  is eBay a viable option?

• Upvote 1

my Aunt is white-knighting this shit!

I guess my cousin's kids are spoiled little tech brats, and she has a 16GB iPhone 6 that's just sitting in a drawer.  $0 upgrade.  that will work, even if it's less storage than I wanted.

2 hours ago, redkow97 said:

We don't...

looking on Swappa right now.  32 GB version of the same phone I have is $130.  Plus I can probably sell mine for $75 later.

I also use Swappa.com all the time. Great secure place to buy a phone or tablet

I've been looking into doing something like this. If you buy an unlocked phone will it work on any network? Are you better off buying a used phone from the same network or a new unlocked phone?

4 minutes ago, durk said:

I've been looking into doing something like this. If you buy an unlocked phone will it work on any network? Are you better off buying a used phone from the same network or a new unlocked phone?

Depends on the phone, and the network. I know that answer isn't very helpful but that is what it is.  You have to look at the phone and then check to see if it is compatible with your provider. Verizon will be the one with the most issues, their network is a tad different.