Keeping annual OR June trip Tradition alive :)

NinjaDoc

3 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Did a quick trip to the smokies last week. Just wanted to do it when weather was nice and pretty much same time as our traditional June trip. Was riding solo everywhere and hence could stop for pics :) 

large.28AFBF73-9795-4C16-A569-6849D10949F1.jpeg.6eb334d87f1d6b4fb055f5d2f45616fa.jpeg

Looks like you’re really starting to slow down since you’ve been riding with those North Carolina boys.  :lol:

• Haha 2

Extremely capable machine, balanced power weight handling. It’s hard to describe, jack of all trades. Good in tight stuff and fast stuff. But Not as flickable as super moto in very very  tight stuff  or not as fast as super sport in longest high rpm sweepers. kind of real good in both worlds but not the best. Can hussle twisty roads or take it to race track.  First bike I bought new since on paper everything was perfect for what I wanted. Advanced electronics in a light weight package was my main search. Will be keeping this for a long time since I love it that much (plus depreciation will be killer) all other bikes I bought and sold used with minimal financial hit. It’s a KTM already established a relationship with local dealer by getting more than needed expensive first service done here also tire changes parts etc. More than likely will be needing there help sooner or later 🤣

• Upvote 1

Trailered it to gap for first time in life hehe and I would like to apologize to @MidgetTodd for making fun of him trailering and riding the gap all these years. This was a perfect family vacation with little bit of motorcycling added. I would wake up early and just few runs here and there the usual stuff, dragon skyway moonshiner etc, 4-5 hrs max and back in cabin and then family stuff by the time they are awake and ready to roll. So no exciting travel and routes for me. This worked well that family is happy to repeat this in future And never suspected I was having a ball,  some speed limits were fudged  ,laws bend, yellow lines dissected,  RPM limits stretched, tires scrubbed edge to edge and heavy ear to ear  grin intact. 🤙🏽🤙🏽 which is another plus 👍

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Trailered it to gap for first time in life hehe and I would like to apologize to @MidgetTodd for making fun of him trailering and riding the gap all these years. This was a perfect family vacation with little bit of motorcycling added. I would wake up early and just few runs here and there the usual stuff, dragon skyway moonshiner etc, 4-5 hrs max and back in cabin and then family stuff by the time they are awake and ready to roll. So no exciting travel and routes for me. This worked well that family is happy to repeat this in future And never suspected I was having a ball,  some speed limits were fudged  ,laws bend, yellow lines dissected,  RPM limits stretched, tires scrubbed edge to edge and heavy ear to ear  grin intact. 🤙🏽🤙🏽 which is another plus 👍

There are definitely benefits to trailering there bike. Looks like you had some fun!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Watch those feet! Dont wanna drag toe! That bike looks like a weapon.

Tim I think I talked to you about this, left side I have space to work on more to pull back, after every shift i kind of expect the next shift coming up and lazily keep the feet right there. But the right side  trust me I already am on the ball of my feet, I am not exaggerating when I say this, I don’t if it’s my weird feet shape. From the ball of my feet to the tip of toe it’s 2.5 inches :(. Plus shoes are one size up I think.  This weird feet helps me run like a gazelle when I play soccer 🤣 but the feet sticks  out like a sore thumb when riding . 

• Haha 1