Top 25 Dyno numbers

SupraGlue

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. I already decided to leave him on the list in a previous post. If he asks to be removed then I'll do it, of course. Since it's not a racing list, I don't have a problem with leaving "old" dyno numbers up until he gets a new ride.

On the next update, I'll go ahead and replace your old Cobra's listing with your new numbers, if that's what you want.

Thanks Mark, you can go ahead and leave me on there for a little while, once i get my new ride put together(whatever that may be tongue.gif ) you can remove my old numbers if need be, but it is kinda nice to see where everyone fits in around a supercar like the Viper.

Originally posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno:

I would expect about a 50 hp increase. To be honest I doubt I would catch you. A holley manifold is going on this month would should put me at 530 rwhp. Plus I am going to increase the boost to 13 psi and shoot for 600rwhp. Now I only hope my stock short block lives for awhile.

catch me if you can!

600rwhp on a stock block would be impressive.

Competition just makes us faster.

We all will

A) all have fast and powerful cars

or

B) all have blown up cars with no money to fix them

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

600rwhp on a stock block would be impressive.

Competition just makes us faster.

We all will

A) all have fast and powerful cars

or

B) all have blown up cars with no money to fix them

LoL. No kidding. If it pops. I hope to be able to build a 400 inch windsor. That is if I can resist temptation in buying a Hayabusa. :D

Guest venemous bite
well i now have a smaller pulley and a 2nd fuel pump with 42 pound injectors,so my numbers will be going up this spring. I pray that my stock block will hold together,with only 18,000 miles on it i dont want to rebuild it yet smile.gif

Originally posted by More Cylinders Than You:

No problem. I already decided to leave him on the list in a previous post. If he asks to be removed then I'll do it, of course. Since it's not a racing list, I don't have a problem with leaving "old" dyno numbers up until he gets a new ride.

On the next update, I'll go ahead and replace your old Cobra's listing with your new numbers, if that's what you want.

Thanks Mark, you can go ahead and leave me on there for a little while, once i get my new ride put together(whatever that may be tongue.gif ) you can remove my old numbers if need be, but it is kinda nice to see where everyone fits in around a supercar like the Viper.

Hey man, good to hear from ya. Have you just been browsing the boards and not posting lately, or have you been gone completely now? Also, how are your injuries comin along?

And Mark, yeah just update my old with my new.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, updated the list to reflect No Longer N/A Cobra's new car and numbers. Everything else was just updates to people's screen names.

If anyone else has new numbers, let me know by posting in this thread. I won't add a car or make changes without the request of the owner, even if the numbers are in your sig. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Making a slight rule change. Any new dyno numbers need to be from Brian's dyno to ensure accurate comparisons. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people already on the list fit that, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I'll make an exception if there's another dyno that can be shown to give within 1% of the same numbers on the same car as his does.

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

How about an AWD dyno? Any of them around?

Closest is in chicago now (i think).

Im gonna make a trek that way here in a month or so--if you want to caravan out let me know :cool:

Maybe we can get a few more local AWD guys and get a group rate or something ;)

Originally posted by More leftover bolts than CR:

I'll make an exception if there's another dyno that can be shown to give within 1% of the same numbers on the same car as his does.

1%? I doubt Bryan's dyno is even that consistent w/ the same car on different days...

Originally posted by SamZman:

1%? I doubt Bryan's dyno is even that consistent w/ the same car on different days...

His and Force Fed's were within 1hp on my car. *shrug*

Let's get some more numbers posted, then we can argue about it. ;)tongue.gif

Lets say forcefed still had there dyno. The following is needed to duplicate near the same results on each dyno. Dyno bearings need to be within tolerances. The same correction factor needs to be used. The weather station of each dyno need to be in the exact same air. There is also an adjustment called "SMOOTHING" that is used to smooth out a dyno graph. All of these conditions need to be looked at if you want duplicate numbers. 2 different dynos are capable of reading the same results PROVIDING everything posted above is the same. Period.

Thats right Sam. Engine Temps, Tire Pressure, Quality of gas. miles on oil, etc, can make it hard to duplicate dyno runs. All the dyno does as looks at how long it takes to accelerate. If the car accelerates at the same rate every time, the numbers will be dublicated.

Originally posted by More leftover bolts than CR:

Let's see some new numbers from this weekend's dyno days. smile.gif I'll do updates on monday.

Well my best run was 393.8rwhp and 520rwtq (125shot). The tq number was a guesstament from dyno brian seeing we lost the tq number on the last run. If you want another tq number you can use the 100 shot numbers of 384.8rwhp and 490.6rwtq.

Thats right Sam. Engine Temps, Tire Pressure, Quality of gas. miles on oil, etc, can make it hard to duplicate dyno runs. All the dyno does as looks at how long it takes to accelerate. If the car accelerates at the same rate every time, the numbers will be dublicated.

Yes, good points and that's what I was referring to.. I wasn't putting down your dyno or anything. smile.gif

Yes, good points and that's what I was referring to.. I wasn't putting down your dyno or anything. smile.gif

I know you were not Sam. I notice that alot of speed shops who are trying to sell a build of goods go with the STD correction factor. On my car on a 85 degree day, that is worth an additional 25 rwhp. That would make my car 527rwhp STD comared to 502 SAE I have always gone with the SAE correction factor which is around 77 degrees where the STD is around 60. I always have given people on this board either uncorrected numbers( what the car actually makes or SAE. Depending on the temperature in the building, I have seen each of these 2 read higher then the other.

I know you were not Sam. I notice that alot of speed shops who are trying to sell a build of goods go with the STD correction factor. On my car on a 85 degree day, that is worth an additional 25 rwhp. That would make my car 527rwhp STD comared to 502 SAE I have always gone with the SAE correction factor which is around 77 degrees where the STD is around 60. I always have given people on this board either uncorrected numbers( what the car actually makes or SAE. Depending on the temperature in the building, I have seen each of these 2 read higher then the other.

That's why the list is pretty much going to be for numbers from your dyno only. I know that you're consistent and honest with it. People can really play games with correction factors.

Just for laughs...

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder (No Mods)

123.8 RWHP

113.6 RWTQ

2195 lbs. curb weight

17.7:1 W/P ratio

Manufacturer claims 138 HP at the crank, so I actually thought it would be even lower. I'll post the printout if I can find a host to put it on. (or if anyone cares)

Here's the printout...

03 MR2 Spyder Dyno

[ 08. April 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: 03spydr ]

Guest 96 cobra 'vert

haven't had a chance to have it dyno'd by you, but I pulled 420.9 RWHP & 340.2 RWTQ on ForceFed's about a year ago. I think they did the SAE correction factor. Have to pull out the dyno sheet to find out. I since had it dynotuned, and pulled 425 RWHP and 365 RWTQ, but no dyno sheet.

The forcefed dyno sheet is on my webpage

I'll get around to making it out to one of your dynodays eventually... but it may be after I add a new motor and 5 more pounds of boost :)