Top 25 Dyno numbers

SupraGlue

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is in my sig, done on Brian's dyno over a year ago.

Mind you, that was 100% internally stock (valve covers had never been off), 150 shot, a little rich, and through a 12-bolt. Stock MAF housing and throttle body as well (sadly, those are still stock).

Now, with my ported heads, 1.6RR's, and CC306 cam (230/244, .51/.54 lift (rated for 1.5RR's, anyone have the formula for 1.6RR's??))and a 112 lobe seperation. I'm hoping for 375-400RWHP N/A, around 530-560RWHP on the same 62/35 150 shot jettings I ran last year. Dunno if I'll get her on the dyno this year, but I will for sure next year (and she will have a MUCH needed bigger throttle body by then too).

Goal of touching high 10's on the stock bottom end on the 150 shot, and high 11's N/A, though I'll probably need to do some much needed weight reduction (around 150lbs.....yank the AC I never use, BMR K-member and A-arms, skinnies for the track) to hit those numbers. That's next year's plan. Damn cage and stereo system weighs a ton. :(

The Viper put down 410rwhp/451rwtq, this was done with just K&N's and a Borla side exhaust...mind you this was also on 87 octane :eek: ....curb weight should be around 3175 lbs.

[ 29 October 2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: More Cylinders Than You ]

365.6 RWHP and 399.1 RW torque.

Here is the sheet:

Link

Maybe one of these days when I have some time, I will figure out why my car bleeds off boost only while on the dyno. So then I will be able to get some true numbers and a clean a/f curve. Notice that my peak HP is at ~4600 rpm? :(

Edit: Oh ya, weight is ~3500 pounds, still an all stock heavy pig.

[ 29 October 2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Renner ]

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

Why in the name of Mopar would you put 87 octane in a viper?

Well, i didn't dyno it, i just acquired it a few weeks ago, but the old man who owned it before me had it dynoed, and he said that he always ran the cheapie 87 gas, and when he dynoed it on 94 octane it went up to about 421...but of course he lost that dyno sheet...the only one i have says 410 on it. oh well, soon i will dyno it with headers w/o cats and see what kinda gain i get.

Mark, btw, it's a '99 GTS.

Originally posted by More Cylinders Than You:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by smokinHawk:

Why in the name of Mopar would you put 87 octane in a viper?

Well, i didn't dyno it, i just acquired it a few weeks ago, but the old man who owned it before me had it dynoed, and he said that he always ran the cheapie 87 gas, and when he dynoed it on 94 octane it went up to about 421...but of course he lost that dyno sheet...the only one i have says 410 on it. oh well, soon i will dyno it with headers w/o cats and see what kinda gain i get.

Mark, btw, it's a '99 GTS.</font>

Wait when did you go from a Vette to a Viper? :confused:

I suggest additional columns to HP/TQ as follows:

1. Changes made from regular status to generate dyno queen numbers. (For the Supras).

2. # of days car lived afterwards. (For the RX7's and everyone else)

:D

[ 29 October 2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: 100 RWHP ]

Well, I didn't know we would be estimating weights. I'd presume my curb weight them was 3500lbs. Now, I'd guess around 3650-3700 (without me in the car). When I dynoed it, I didn't have the cage or sub and amp for the sub in there at the time; those were added a few weeks later. Mark, maybe you should indicate past and semi-present, since I know some of us (especially myself) car's are WAY different than what out past dyno numbers represent.

As for the other questions:

1. Nothing whatsoever done to make it dyno better. Same jettings, timing maps, pulling the smae amount of timing on juice w/ the MSD box, and 93 octane pump gas I always ran. Nothing different than how it was driven on the street/strip, other than I was on my street tires rather than my ET Streets. No race gas and increased timing just so I could fluff up my dyno numbers.

2. Car is still alive today, over a year later with many more mods, and still that bone stock bottom end.

Originally posted by turbotrio:

ok, since i cant stand being last you need to update mine to my "2nd time out" dyno #s LOL.

308.2 fwhp / 307.6 torque

thanks!

lol I figured you wouldn't hold out long. ;) You came one slow update away from being knocked out of the top 10. :D