Top 25 Dyno numbers

SupraGlue

Originally posted by SamZman:

Well that should bump a Mustang outta the top 10, if I'm looking right.. One more f-body and they'll be even.. graemlins/bubbrubb.gif

So, should we assume that you're going to step up to the task? ;)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dremel:

So, should we assume that you're going to step up to the task? ;)

I hate to make predictions.. And by time I get done buying what I need I'll be too broke to dyno anyways. :(

• 1 month later...

Finally got to get the Slobra Dyno'd. I had brian dyno it after having the pulley changed out and it made a best of 425rwhp/447rwtq.

I can't wait to get a catback on this puppy so she can breath now smile.gif I just need to find one that can do that and no be obnoxiously loud. graemlins/wtf.gif

Edelbrock exhaust clips.

I just bought some headers if you were thinking about those as well; the Bassani mid lengths are BY FAR the best looking header out there. They have a real collector, and smooth flanges, they are made from SS and are coated inside and out. I had the BBK long tubes for my car but are selling them since I saw the Bassanis. I can't wait to get them on the car.

Originally posted by Mensan:

Edelbrock exhaust clips.

I just bought some headers if you were thinking about those as well; the Bassani mid lengths are BY FAR the best looking header out there. They have a real collector, and smooth flanges, they are made from SS and are coated inside and out. I had the BBK long tubes for my car but are selling them since I saw the Bassanis. I can't wait to get them on the car.

I was told by a little birdie, that headers are a MAJOR pain to install on 'stangs. I'll probably stay away from them. I've also read that if I move to the Kenne Bell that they actually don't recommend you to do the headers. Not sure why-but oh well tongue.gif

I'm just happy to have some half decent numbers out of the thing to put on the list. Too bad the car is a Pig though. Not sure how much, but I know that it's TONs heavier than most of the other sports cars and it's a vert too. Oh well.... Just means I need to step it up a couple hundred more horses :D

Originally posted by SsseeYa:

Finally got to get the Slobra Dyno'd. I had brian dyno it after having the pulley changed out and it made a best of 425rwhp/447rwtq.

Damn, man. You're JUST shy of my numbers, what all do you have done to that? :eek:

Originally posted by black00ws6:

Pulley and chip.... :mad::mad: damn cobras

He has to have more than that done. I've got pulley, chip, cat-back, CAI, and X-pipe and only making 9/15 more than him. Though, the stock Cobra's dyno all over the place, so I'm willing to be I got one of the low end ones. tongue.gif

After this week, I'll have the stock gears back in, then one day put longtubes and a lower pulley on it and I'll be set. :cool:

Originally posted by No Longer NA Cobra:

He has to have more than that done. I've got pulley, chip, cat-back, CAI, and X-pipe and only making 9/15 more than him. Though, the stock Cobra's dyno all over the place, so I'm willing to be I got one of the low end ones. tongue.gif

After this week, I'll have the stock gears back in, then one day put longtubes and a lower pulley on it and I'll be set. :cool:

Nope, that's it... The only things done that aren't listed is I replaced the stock idler pulley with a pretty blue Billet one (Matches the car's paint really well!) and I have the NGK TR-6 spark plugs. Everything else is 100% stock smile.gif

I think I got lucky and got on of the strong stock engines, but of course the verts are 130lbs more than the coupes I'm told so I need the extra power to come close anyhow. smile.gif That and my rear springs are softer. graemlins/nonono.gif I'm still not so sure the car is faster than the TA was, but I LOVE most everything about it so it doesn't matter :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ca415playa:

229rwhp with 217 fttq

Have you actually done any work to the car? I know that most people leave them alone, not wanting to 'hurt' their investment - silly people. Have you got any pictures of the car online, any 'bling' mods?

BTW, I think the Top 25 dyno chart is dead. I haven't seen any of the more recent updates lately. :(

Originally posted by Jumpin' Jack Flash:

So you have to have had moble chassis dyno get the graph to be on the chart?

I believe so, but I'm not 100% positive as I believe there are a few that have dyno's from other places. I am pretty sure that this thread gets ignored 95% of the time now though, so you'll probably have to start a new thread in this section and ask there.

• 1 month later...

Got my new numbers today - 451rwhp/480rwtq. The car weighs in at 3780lb (told ya she was a pig).

Here are the sheets from the Dyno as well:

http://home.columbus.rr.com/whiskersnbrooms/pics/Dyno%20112.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/whiskersnbrooms/pics/Dyno%20113.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/whiskersnbrooms/pics/Dyno%20114.jpg

[ 07. October 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: SsseeYa ]

Originally posted by No Longer NA Cobra:

OMG!!! Way to go, Paul. You've got more grunt, I've got less weight. Let's go!!! :D

LOL, you are always looking for a run aren't ya. tongue.gif We'll get to run em I'm sure, Although the way this winter is rushing upon us it might be next spring.

Actually, have you been considering what your next round of mods will be? For me it'll probably be some subframe connectors due to the wonderful flimsyness of the 'vert chassis.

Originally posted by SsseeYa:

LOL, you are always looking for a run aren't ya. tongue.gif We'll get to run em I'm sure, Although the way this winter is rushing upon us it might be next spring.

Actually, have you been considering what your next round of mods will be? For me it'll probably be some subframe connectors due to the wonderful flimsyness of the 'vert chassis.

Longtubes, lower pulley, dynotuned chip, and more rwhp/rwtq than an '03 SRT-10's engine.

After that, my car will pretty much be done. graemlins/thumb.gif

But as far as the run is concerned, all you have to do is make it out one Friday or Saturday that it doesn't rain. Our cars love cold weather. ;)

• 8 months later...
Well, I had Brian dyno my car on Sat. Running out of fuel it still put down 517hp and 529rwtq. I have the dyno sheets and I believe the car weighs around 3300Ibs with me in it.