Top 25 Dyno numbers

SupraGlue

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by The Strawberry Shortcake:

Man Smokin Hawk, thanks for posting thoes. You were making me think you turboed an ls1 to make 380hp, I was getin really confused and concerned for you. tongue.gif

yes a turbo ls1 can "only" make 384 to the wheels on a mustang dyno with stock engine and only 5psi of boost, still a 100 rwhp increase over stock.

I was dissapointed in the low numbers at first so i upped the boost :D

Top 25 dyno numbers have been updated.

To make the list you're going to need more than 212hp at the wheels.

Top 15 are all over 300hp.

Top 10 is just about all over 400hp.

Top 5 is well into the 400's, and the top 2 are over 500.

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

Ah heck might as well put up my dyno numbers at 10psi on pump gas. Most every one knows the numbers by now. Oh and weight is the same i listed before, not what the dyno says (they just guessed)

Dang Jon! I didn't realize that those numbers were from a Mustang Dyno... What does that translate to roughly with a Dynojet?

I still feel bad that you had so much troubles at the track on our run. Oh well, I guess it might be the only time I'll be able to produce a slip with the lowest time against that car. Maybe I should frame it-a once in a lifetime accidental occurrence tongue.gif I would have been Soooooooo toasted had things clicked for you on the track!

Did you ever run at the track with the 10psi setup you ran on the dyno? I'd be curious as to what mph that turns...

[ 03. January 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Ryoga (Garaged Until Spring) ]

Guest Steve Peck
DAMN IT!!!! :( I know I can find a couple of more horses in here somewhere(Me tinkering and tweaking things under the hood ,do I really need an accessory belt???) Good job, SmokinHawk!!!

YES! i am Crowned dyno Queen!

(for as long as The Pikey doesnt come to take his throne)

some say a dynojet will give approximatly 50 more horses. I'll take it to a dynojet sometime later this year to find out for sure, but maybe after i make some more tweaks, like a couple more psi.

when we ran i was using about 10psi (having boost spike probs so i turned it down a little, but still was spiking/holding at 10) didnt get to hold the throttle all the way down the track then but when i do it will trap 125-126 when i 2.0 it.

Let's see some more. There's no reason that the top 25 shouldn't all be over 300whp. The top 5 should all be over 500.

Also, I've decided to leave #7 on even though it sadly no longer exists. The only time I'll remove a car is if it gets sold out of the area or to a non-list member, or if the mods are taken off.

One change I will make -- if you have a website devoted to your car (pictures, mods, performance data, etc.), let me know and I will hyperlink it.

[ 08. January 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: No Soup for You ]

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of things about the list.

First of all - LOOK AT THAT TOP 5! 4 POS FORD'S! What's up with that? :D

And second of all, not trying to be rude at all, but considering the fact that More Cylinders Than You no longer has his Viper (sadly), should his numbers be taken off the list? Same goes for my '01 Cobra.

Originally posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno:

Mark,

I will have some updated numbers for you soon for my cars. I have my guns aimed at the almighty, the magnificent smokinHawk. :D

Just remember the mustang dyno....how much do you think my numbers would go up if i ran it on your dynojet.....bwhaaahaaa.

Im thinking 12psi on pump this year and who knows with race gas. :D

catch me if you can!

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

Just remember the mustang dyno....how much do you think my numbers would go up if i ran it on your dynojet.....bwhaaahaaa.

Im thinking 12psi on pump this year and who knows with race gas. :D

I would expect about a 50 hp increase. To be honest I doubt I would catch you. A holley manifold is going on this month would should put me at 530 rwhp. Plus I am going to increase the boost to 13 psi and shoot for 600rwhp. Now I only hope my stock short block lives for awhile.

catch me if you can!

Originally posted by No Longer N/A Cobra:

Couple of things about the list.

First of all - LOOK AT THAT TOP 5! 4 POS FORD'S! What's up with that? :D

And second of all, not trying to be rude at all, but considering the fact that More Cylinders Than You no longer has his Viper (sadly), should his numbers be taken off the list? Same goes for my '01 Cobra.

No problem. I already decided to leave him on the list in a previous post. If he asks to be removed then I'll do it, of course. Since it's not a racing list, I don't have a problem with leaving "old" dyno numbers up until he gets a new ride.

On the next update, I'll go ahead and replace your old Cobra's listing with your new numbers, if that's what you want.

Originally posted by No Soup for You:

No problem. I already decided to leave him on the list in a previous post. If he asks to be removed then I'll do it, of course. Since it's not a racing list, I don't have a problem with leaving "old" dyno numbers up until he gets a new ride.

On the next update, I'll go ahead and replace your old Cobra's listing with your new numbers, if that's what you want.

Check you pms Soupe Nazi. I'm going to bed though so I'll talk to you tommorrow