tell me what you think

Guest cam'ron

Guest cam'ron
I have a 90' isuzu pick-up, just bought it for $450, runs like a champ, my friend is like the mad mechanic of lowriders, we were gonna put 4" lowering blocks on the back, and just adjust the tortioner bar in the front to slam it. any comment, suggestions, or ideas would be nice

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

I would leave the $450 beater alone. As the previous owner of several slammed mini-trucks, you WILL get tired of the ride produced by lowering a truck that way.

Speaking of which, there's a Toyota I'm keeping my eye on :D

bags and body drop. i drove my f-150 to work for a couple of years with a 12-14" drop. no lowerd truck ive ever ridden in has had a harsher ride than my car(if done right,with c-notch ect.ect.)if your have any ?s feel free to im me, ive built many trucks and have been messing with bags for years.

tank

Originally posted by RAMD AIR:

Speaking of which, there's a Toyota I'm keeping my eye on :D

He's making a lot of headway on his new truck. I think once he gets the new floorboards welded in the Jimmy, he'll be close to getting rid of the Yota.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

He's making a lot of headway on his new truck. I think once he gets the new floorboards welded in the Jimmy, he'll be close to getting rid of the Yota.

New truck ? bauaha.. J/k What else does he have planned for it? did it fix the rear end or whatever was wrong with it?

Is he planning on any body work?

Originally posted by cam'ron:

I have a 90' isuzu pick-up, just bought it for $450, runs like a champ, my friend is like the mad mechanic of lowriders, we were gonna put 4" lowering blocks on the back, and just adjust the tortioner bar in the front to slam it. any comment, suggestions, or ideas would be nice

If there is a different way to lower the front, I would highly recommend it. If you can get spindles or coils, thats the way to go. Turning down the torsion bars is better than hacking or heating your stock coils though.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the majority of the people in this thread, and say go for it graemlins/thumb.gifgraemlins/thumb.gifgraemlins/thumb.gif I love slammed trucks, it's unfortuanate that I've never had the money to do anything with mine. Kinda sucks that so many people on here are so negative towards them.