30th Meet - Postponed

Dr. Pomade

Looks like CPD has a pretty good bead on us for the 30th. So, regretfully, the meet has to be postponed. Unfortunately, with the meet being as big as it was getting, and being planned that far in advance, it was almost inevitably going to draw attention of the worst kind.

I'll try to get something else together. This time, though, we'll probably have to go through PMs.

For more on the cancellation and such, check out CSS. Notably, you must be a member there in order to access the forums.

[ 26. July 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Z06 ]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should talk to people on other Ohio boards too to see if anyone else wants to come here. Like maybe try to get a few people from Cleveland, Akron, Toledo (well maybe not there, that city sucks), wherever.

I'll try my best to be out that night. It will be cool to see some different cars. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Someone should talk to people on other Ohio boards too to see if anyone else wants to come here. Like maybe try to get a few people from Cleveland, Akron, Toledo (well maybe not there, that city sucks), wherever.

Some guys from Dayton have said they'll be coming in for that meet. So, there's one other city.

Someone have Nate get his boy Coltboostin and the rest of that crew down here for this.

Originally posted by Aggressor:

Shall I help show what city owns the state? graemlins/grin2.gif

You'd better be there.

Also, you sticky this? If so, thanks. If not, then you should have, you thoughtless, heartless bastard. tongue.gif

Guest SteveGSX

We are all looking forward to coming up. We should be bringing a good showing of cars. They may not be as fast as some of your cars but we are just looking to have some fun. I think we can do a little better than Dayton smile.gif .

I would love for you guys to show Cincy how its done. It might motivate some of the quicker cars to go faster. I am hoping to keep all of this drama free, and dont want there to be any hostility between the two of us.

Here is a link to a new thread with all of the people who are coming so far, and the list should grow every day. http://www.cincystreetscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18887

-Catch22 on www.cincystreetscene.com

Guest Dunc
Hey everyone (especially you Dr. Z06 aka leethal). Glad we finally got this thing rolling! Looking forward to seeing all of you guys up there in a few weeks. What are the roads like? Where do you ususally "cruise" to? It is like highway or city routes?

Originally posted by Dunc:

Hey everyone (especially you Dr. Z06 aka leethal). Glad we finally got this thing rolling! Looking forward to seeing all of you guys up there in a few weeks. What are the roads like? Where do you ususally "cruise" to? It is like highway or city routes?

Hey Dunc. Yeah, it's sounds like a lot of guys up here are amped at the prospect of mingling with you Cincy guys; I'm sure you know how it gets kind of boring racing the same people over and over and over every weekend. smile.gif

The roads up here are good. Granted, Columbus is the land of perpetual construction, so there's always a few work zones around. However, for the most part, the roads are good.

Our cruises usually take us around the outerbelt. It's normally four wide (and sometimes more) all the way around, which gives plenty of lanes to line up, and there are lots of straight-stretches along the way. In any event, in short, the cruises are normally always on the highways. However, at times, we'll cruise into downtown. We can cruise wherever you guys want - if you want to see downtown, we can cruise down there, if you don't, then we won't. Usually, we'll get on the highway, cruise to a destination several miles up along the outerbelt, pull over, discuss the events, and repeat the process.

It sounds like you guys we'll arrive up here sometime around 9ish. That's cool. But, the roads normally won't open up until well after 12am. (In fact, the roads don't really open up until after 3am.) So, while there's always the option of cruising whenever we want, there probably won't be any room for, um, showing your car's full potential ( smile.gif ) until much later. I think we'll be fine, though: we can hang out, eat, bullshit, etc. for a while, and then cruise.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Originally posted by Aggressor:

I'll be out with the car, but changed my mind about racing.

This takes priority: http://www.pontiacnationals.com/pontiac_nationals.html

Less than a week away, gotta have the car 100% smile.gif

You suck.

Seriously, I can understand where you are coming from. But, what are a few highway pulls going to do to your car to jeopardize it for the following week? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just honestly attempting to rationalize this whole thing for you. I'd think that if you don't take the car out and beat on it - repeated dig racing on 270, etc. - that it'll be fine.

Besides, uou know you have to participate - and I mean actively participate - in this cruise.

Originally posted by SteveGSX:

I would love for you guys to show Cincy how its done. It might motivate some of the quicker cars to go faster. I am hoping to keep all of this drama free, and dont want there to be any hostility between the two of us.

No, we've got a good group of guys out here, and there's no animosity built up. A lot of us respect that you guys were so willing to cruise up here. We'll make it worth your while and keep the bullshit away.

Guest SteveGSX
Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

i'll be out so there is something all the modded civics can race, or stock fast cars

anthony quit being a pussy

These modded civics are faster than stock sports cars. I would put them on par with high bolt on v8's or cammed 8's.