trails can suck me

TurboRust

Yeah, trails was iffy, but it was fun. Sorry you could'nt hook up worth a damn. I really didn't have that much of a problem, cut a 2.1 60' and (2) 2.2 60's. My best last nite was a 14.500 @ 93.xx. My trap speed is quite slow so I'm not sure what to do about that, but 13's here I come.

Oh and I'll let Derek give you the heads up on what he ran if he feels like it. Let's just say a Ford Focus would've got him a run or two.

Better luck next time Derek!

With a title like "Trails Can Suck It", I'm tempted to sticky this. tongue.gif

Everybody pos your worst trails experiences! Maybe we can start a "movement" of some kind. tongue.gif

Mine:

Twice, I drove through spilled coolant...sideways...IN THE TRAPS! Fuck a good launch, I'd be happy if their saftey crew was worth a shit and kept the line clean. I just ask for the simple things, like the truck at the end getting on the fucking radio when a car pulls off pouring fluids. They try to run cars too frequently to be safe, there.

Guest vee21

I would agree that the track wasn't as sticky as Norwalk but I didn't think it was awful. I had one run that I got too much stick and boughed it off the line really bad. Other then that I never spun the tires. My 60' times were ok. I just need to learn how to launch the car better.

60’ 1.8 ‘s

Best 12.1@112.7mph

Shad

Guest vee21

The EVO. My Cobra needs a tune, my best in it was a 13.4@107. I know it is much easier to get traction in an awd car but the EVO will spin them on the street and I was not able to do that at the track at all. Lots of slipping the clutch to launch it.

Shad

Originally posted by TurboRust:

well if i had an auto I could sit and build boost at the line it be a cake shit launch but I race with a 5 speed..congrats you're a great racer if you can floor an automatic for a 1/4 mi.

It's not that easy, trust me redface.gif

with 600 bagillion horsepower.. I'm saying its a shitload easier than stick and alot less challeging. Whats the fun it racing if you know exaclty what you're car is gonna run every time you goto the track, of course unless you're bracket racing but I'm talking about daily driver street cars.Anyways I had no luck with the nittos, I'll be trying next week with my street tires again and see how I pull out.

Hell, you were with me last year at Edgewater and I ran something different all three passes until they kicked me. It's about the traction, launch, etc.

However, I do agree with the manual being a bigger PITA to launch and race. Why do you think I traded a six-speed LT1 for an automatic LS1? tongue.gif

I'm in the process of looking for a lighter auto fox chassis to put my setup in... when i find the right body I decide the biggest tire I can fit in there. as far as gear, I've got 4.30's sitting in a box waiting to go in.. I wanted a before/after but obviously my first trip out there was an embarrasing before measurement.

Guest mzracing
I'm not saying that trails is the best hooking track but that night the track was a lot better than usual. Maybe its not the track but that particular car set up. I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

I have run at trails a bunch of times. During div races they usually do a good job on the track. During nationals, the local staff has nothing to do with track prep. Weekend races the track usually blows dogs for quarters. Personally I have never seen a more consistantly hooking track than at Norwalk. No matter what the race the track is ready.

I saw a guy loose his shoes and socks on the track laster year at the nationals.

If you are wanting a track thats well prepaired go to Pacemakers. It's an 1/8 mile, so they see fewer oil downs, the track is very sticky and well preped because 1/8 mile cars are geared lower and tend to launch harder. The trap speeds are not as impressive, but unless you drive a real dog, you can get a sub 10 sec timeslip to brag with. The test and tune almost every Friday night and it's closer than Norwalk.

www.pacemakersdragway.com

Originally posted by desperado:

If you are wanting a track thats well prepaired go to Pacemakers. It's an 1/8 mile, so they see fewer oil downs, the track is very sticky and well preped because 1/8 mile cars are geared lower and tend to launch harder. The trap speeds are not as impressive, but unless you drive a real dog, you can get a sub 10 sec timeslip to brag with. The test and tune almost every Friday night and it's closer than Norwalk.

www.pacemakersdragway.com

werd. that's where I learned to race, and my 1/8 mile there was always faster than my 1/8 mile at NTR.

Originally posted by Aggressor:

Hell, you were with me last year at Edgewater and I ran something different all three passes

yeah but....you suck. tongue.gif

My 4R70W won me many a bracket event. I still hd to drive it, but as long as I didnt he same thing, and noted the conditions, I'd be within a tenth every time, even with shity traction.