Cold Air, suck my ass :) !

Rotarded1647545491

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Hey, you forgot to mention the car broke after that pass.

What difference does that make Joe? So he broke I am sure there are no domestic cars that have broken after/before making a pass before? tongue.gif;)

Congrats Mike I bet it feels good.

WTF. It has nothing to do with him running 11's or not. I've broken and have been towed home from the track multiple times (blown up clutch, snapped driveshaft, and blown head gasket). What's that have to do with what times my car ran?? I just figured if you are going to mention your outting at the track, mention all of what happened. After my best pass, then next pass that was even better going up to the 1/8 mile I blew a head gasket.....nothing to hide; that's what happened. He should have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of either.

Originally posted by Doug:

and years and years of having a broken car himself

Sure seems to be running fine every time I go to drive it. Hell, it has rarely stayed broken, normally it's down time is due to mods and/or small problems that keep me from wanting to drive it (like a cronic oil leak that I've finally resolved). But since you know nothing about it, I'll educate you. The times it has been broken (not in the middle of mods) to where I couldn't drive it if I wanted to:

- Distributor - 1 month due to no garage at the time and the middle of winter, so it didn't matter

- Driveshaft - 1 week

- Head Gasket - 3 weeks, since I pulled the motor to do some other gaskets

- Clutch (more than once due to poor aftermarket clutches) - 2 months total, backorder on parts I wanted for other mods I was doing at the time w/ the new clutch

That's over 5 years of ownership. Otherwise, it was me not winter driving / not wanting to drive anymore with the oil leak or minor problems (though I did from time to time anyway). But thanks for knowing.

Congrats to Mike for having the quickest rotary in the area with probably a lot less money that some of the other hyped up cars. I would definately suggest having a robust driveline setup if you continue to launch w/ that high of an RPM on ET Streets....breaking stuff sucks.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

WTF. It has nothing to do with him running 11's or not. I've broken and have been towed home from the track multiple times (blown up clutch, snapped driveshaft, and blown head gasket). What's that have to do with what times my car ran?? I just figured if you are going to mention your outting at the track, mention all of what happened. After my best pass, then next pass that was even better going up to the 1/8 mile I blew a head gasket.....nothing to hide; that's what happened. He should have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of either.

Sure seems to be running fine every time I go to drive it. Hell, it has rarely stayed broken, normally it's down time is due to mods and/or small problems that keep me from wanting to drive it (like a cronic oil leak that I've finally resolved). But since you know nothing about it, I'll educate you. The times it has been broken (not in the middle of mods) to where I couldn't drive it if I wanted to:

- Distributor - 1 month due to no garage at the time and the middle of winter, so it didn't matter

- Driveshaft - 1 week

- Head Gasket - 3 weeks, since I pulled the motor to do some other gaskets

- Clutch (more than once due to poor aftermarket clutches) - 2 months total, backorder on parts I wanted for other mods I was doing at the time w/ the new clutch

That's over 5 years of ownership. Otherwise, it was me not winter driving / not wanting to drive anymore with the oil leak or minor problems (though I did from time to time anyway). But thanks for knowing.

NEWSFLASH! Nobody cares.

For the record...Mike broke maybe 6-7 passes after that. It was his first time on slicks, and he had a hard time doing a proper burnout. The thing that caused the damage was a burnout where he dry-hopped pretty bad, that's bad for any car.

He was the first local RX7 in the 11s because he was the first to get his car properly setup and launched with slicks. Tony and Kyle had their cars on slicks before but didn't launch as hard as Mike did ( that's not a dig at Tony or Kyle either).

Scott

Peace

The last pass also had the best burnout (meaning the tires probably bit hardest on the pass).

It looked good leaving... until it didn't move.

Hopefully for Mike it isn't anything that's too much of a PITA. We've all been there.

What you got that'll give my 82FWHP Saturn a good race??

Spent an hour under the 7 trying to figure out what I broke. The left rear is sitting 1 inch lower than the right. The power plant frame (connects the trans to the diff.) is all the way to the drivers side and touching the tunnel. The liquid filled diff. bushings are dripping wet, like they've blown. (Hmmm, why I couldn't control the wheel hop while burning out??)

I still can't find any cracks, bends, suspension, or any other visual damage. Thought now is that the difference in damage/sag to the diff bushings are throwing the whole rear end geometry off, thus the popping noise could be the CV or axle binding.

I couldn't be lucky enough not to have damaged the diff., could I???

[ 07. October 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Rotarded ]

Originally posted by Rotarded:

What you got that'll give my 82FWHP Saturn a good race??

Spent an hour under the 7 trying to figure out what I broke. The left rear is sitting 1 inch lower than the right. The power plant frame (connects the trans to the diff.) is all the way to the drivers side and touching the tunnel. The liquid filled diff. bushings are dripping wet, like they've blown. (Hmmm, why I couldn't control the wheel hop while burning out??)

I still can't find any cracks, bends, suspension, or any other visual damage. Thought now is that the difference in damage/sag to the diff bushings are throwing the whole rear end geometry off, thus the popping noise could be the CV or axle binding.

I couldn't be lucky enough not to have damaged the diff., could I???

sounds like somethin bound up. can you get solid mounts? if the axle is popping its probably trashed might get lucky and be able to fix it pretty easy