COFBA Norwalk Day results thread!

MrMeanGreen

I'll start...

I'm in Houston as we know, so Chris drove my car today. He reported a best of 11.17@125 w/ 1.66 60' on 275/50/15 BFG DRs (15psi of tire pressure). What sucks is that the next pass, he cut a 1.62 60' (10s for sure), but my ATI idler pulley torqued and bent it's retaining washer, thus killing my belt tension. It ran a 11.4x@120 that pass, thus ending the day. It's a 10 minute swap for a $.50 washer, but I overlooked that when I packed my tools and replacement parts in the car before I left. This is the 3rd washer I've bent in a month. I guess it's time to have a machine shop cut a slightly thicker one.

Anyways, I'm very happy with the car's performance and am very grateful my brother was able to take it up there in my absence. He claims to have enjoyed driving it, even if it is RWD smile.gif

So, 11.17@125 is this year's best. 10s were there, but got owned by a simple fender washer. Oh well, not too bad for a full street car ;)

Who else did what?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Turbo Donkey almost made a 15 second pass, I believe Dave's best was a 16.0x

Adam's T/A was running very low 14's. I still stand by my claim that the 13.92 timeslip in my possession is what I actually ran in his car. :D

Adam's car could probably be a mid to low 13 second car with a good tune (I think it had a miss the whole time) and some stickies. Dave's car either bogged hard off the line, or spun through second, depending on if he was in boost or not.

Originally posted by copperhead:

The Turbo Donkey almost made a 15 second pass, I believe Dave's best was a 16.0x

Adam's T/A was running very low 14's. I still stand by my claim that the 13.92 timeslip in my possession is what I actually ran in his car. :D

Adam's car could probably be a mid to low 13 second car with a good tune (I think it had a miss the whole time) and some stickies. Dave's car either bogged hard off the line, or spun through second, depending on if he was in boost or not.

Bhwuahah Turbo Donkey.

graemlins/slap.gif

meh, did what was expected, woulda like to break into the 13s bone stock, but i am getting somekinda miss or weird inbetween stutter, i coulda thrown some drag radials on it and ran 13's for sure, but when i got that close to it on nasty ass street tires i wanted to get it that way

oh and btw i was the fastest in my car, mike got someone else's timeslip

and anthony and chris, i swear chris ran a 11.16 one pass

14.3 for me, the clutch was not quite right, then started to slip, then went out in Ashland, so tow home from Ashland, wish I could have made it back the whole way. All in all though it was a great day for the end of Oct. Anthony, I saw that last run that Chris made, the car looked great off the line, then you tell something gave.

Originally posted by Burst Knock:

11.17@125 w/ 1.66 60' on 275/50/15 BFG DRs (15psi of tire pressure). What sucks is that the next pass, he cut a 1.62 60' (10s for sure

Impressive. I doubt a 1.62 vs a 1.66 would get you another 2 tenths.. but you shoulda had some ET's on there anyways. :-p

I'll start...

I'm in Houston as we know, so Chris drove my car today. He reported a best of 11.17@125 w/ 1.66 60' on 275/50/15 BFG DRs (15psi of tire pressure). What sucks is that the next pass, he cut a 1.62 60' (10s for sure),

So when can we line them up from a dig on the street... :confused:

Originally posted by The Vette:

So when can we line them up from a dig on the street... :confused:

It's not my fault you backed outta Norwalk, you had plenty of chances.

I'm taking the car to Edgewater in a few weeks after some minor changes. You're more than welcome to attend smile.gif

I'll start...

I'm in Houston as we know, so Chris drove my car today. He reported a best of 11.17@125 w/ 1.66 60' on 275/50/15 BFG DRs (15psi of tire pressure). What sucks is that the next pass, he cut a 1.62 60' (10s for sure), but my ATI idler pulley torqued and bent it's retaining washer, thus killing my belt tension. It ran a 11.4x@120 that pass, thus ending the day. It's a 10 minute swap for a $.50 washer, but I overlooked that when I packed my tools and replacement parts in the car before I left. This is the 3rd washer I've bent in a month. I guess it's time to have a machine shop cut a slightly thicker one.

Anyways, I'm very happy with the car's performance and am very grateful my brother was able to take it up there in my absence. He claims to have enjoyed driving it, even if it is RWD smile.gif

So, 11.17@125 is this year's best. 10s were there, but got owned by a simple fender washer. Oh well, not too bad for a full street car ;)

Who else did what?

Nice #'s Anthony.

It's not my fault you backed outta Norwalk, you had plenty of chances.

I'm taking the car to Edgewater in a few weeks after some minor changes. You're more than welcome to attend smile.gif

Well I didnt think norwalk was goin to happen since there was a big storm coming. Like I said when are we gonna run ON THE STREET. You can run your slicks if you think that will help..

We're not, is that clear enough for you? I've made a 2nd invitation for you to run against me at a designated track.

And with as many CR people going to Norwalk, I'm surprised you didn't make a 30 second phone call to verify the event was still a go. Everyone else still showed up.

Edgewater, three weeks from Friday.

We're not, is that clear enough for you? I've made a 2nd invitation for you to run against me at a designated track.

And with as many CR people going to Norwalk, I'm surprised you didn't make a 30 second phone call to verify the event was still a go. Everyone else still showed up.

Edgewater, three weeks from Friday.

Why not, I dont see why we cant just run them on the street some time next week. Get it over alot faster instead of waiting three weeks. What happens when the 3 weeks comes around and it rains then you cant go to edgewater.

And I dont have anyone #'s from cr except yours and I am sure since you 3 hrs behind on time on a business that you didnt want a 2 way at 4am.

Also I saw the rain was near and didnt feel like spending 60$ on gas for the truck, then another 30 on race fuel for the car just to drive 2 hrs and get rained out and come right back. Every weather station said 80% chance of rain all day.