What do you all think about the 2008 Ninja 250r?

ixl247

I currently have an old Suzuki gs450e and a Kawasaki EX500 (that is not running). I want a new bike but don't have much cash. I'm afraid it might be a bit small on power; I'm only 5'5" so it's not the physical size I'm worried about. What do you all think about the 2008 Ninja 250r?

kawaninja250_2008.jpg

thx

-Rob

The 250 was Kaw's best selling bike. The new 250 is leaps and bounds better than the previous model. If you were a bigger guy I'd say no way. But considering your size and how good this new model is, I'd say go for it. Although, you could easily take that $$ and get the 500 running. But if you are short on cash and are looking to finance something just to get on the road, the 250 will do (as long as the power is not a concern).

OK, for those of you who asked... The ex500 has a seized engine, old tires and needs forks (they’re getting soft) I figure it would cost way more then that value of the bike to fix [so if anyone needs body parts or frame let me know] The GS450e needs carb work and was recently involved in an accident (dumb broad pulled out in front of me and didn’t even stop after I dropped my bike) so I have a good sized dent in the tank and a few new scrapes… and heck, who doesn’t get tired of riding bikes that are more then a century old?

i love my bike.. $13 to fill up.. and get about 180miles/tank

how big is the tank, and is that premium or regular? If I fill up with regular it takes about 13 and I get about 180 miles to the tank as well.

Not sure, what you think? The engine is partially in peices, the fairings are off but in nice shape with custom paint... if you want I can send some pics.

i sent you a PM :)

how big is the tank, and is that premium or regular? If I fill up with regular it takes about 13 and I get about 180 miles to the tank as well.

i get the middle grade gas..

and yes, ive been nice to it.. just finished the break in period.lol

• 2 weeks later...
I read an article in the most recent Super Streetbike that said that the bikes are made to run on higher octane gas. You CAN use lower grade, but after time, it will wear down faster.

eh, I wouldn't run anything lower than the factory recommended min octane. My bike requires a min 87, and if we're just going on a long cruise and not beating on it I'll run it, but if I'm gonna hammer on it I run 93. I was out the track after a long trip wit 3/4 of a tank of 87, couldn't get the bike out of the 11.20s, after half a day, I was out of fuel, went down and filled her up with 93 and the next pass I was back at low 10.80's the rest of the day. There is definitely something to be said for that.

I'm new to the forum, and new to bikes so hopefully I'll get a little patience with this :) I'm 6'2", 185-190lbs and I'm looking for something that I can ride to deliver paperwork between offices in the city. I'll be on the thing probably 2-3 hrs on average so a normal crotch rocket had me concerned with comfort. I went to ASK in GC today to sit on one and he didnt have anything in stock but the salesman told me it sat a lot like the 650R but the seat height was a little smaller, by like an inch. Its a little more upright than say the zx6/10 so I think my lower back would be thankful. I'm not super concerned with power as I'd really like to get something that wont kill my back and gets STELLAR gas milage. I dont get reimbursed for gas so its coming out of my profits. In your opinions, based on what i've just provided, do you think I should be considering the 250r? Thanks!!!