6/14 Ride

InyaAzz

Ok, this is tentative, but I'm looking at a 6/14 ride. If the folks from Akron/Canton want to get in on the fun, we'll plan on meeting somewhere that works for them. Initially, I'm thinking Rt 60 S..then 83 back north. Curvy!

Let me know what your availability is....

I'm 50/50 at this point. Depends on if my new rear tire comes in (cords started showing when I got to columbus yesterday) and I get a chance to put it on and get an oil change in. I'd have to be back by 3-4ish because I have dugout seats for the Indians game that night.

I'm 50/50 at this point. Depends on if my new rear tire comes in (cords started showing when I got to columbus yesterday) and I get a chance to put it on and get an oil change in. I'd have to be back by 3-4ish because I have dugout seats for the Indians game that night.

The Indians suck. You won't be missing anything. :cool:

I planned to get us all back before 4. I'm thinking a 10-10:30 start time.

The Indians suck. You won't be missing anything. :cool:

I planned to get us all back before 4. I'm thinking a 10-10:30 start time.

While that may be true, the dugout suites are fucking awesome. Close enough to heckle the players, free food, free beer, and the dessert cart is unbelievable.

While that may be true, the dugout suites are fucking awesome. Close enough to heckle the players, free food, free beer, and the dessert cart is unbelievable.

Not to jack up Inya's thread, but the dessert cart in the suites is incredible! Cheesecake that will make you cry.

I may be in for a ride Saturday. I am on-call this weekend, but may be swapping out to cover for a friend next week. Plus, my cast comes off today (f*cking schweet!) and the bike is ready. Will know more closer to Friday.

Damn, looks like they are calling for rain on Sat now. We'll have to play it by ear. Looks like the Sat weather shifted to Sunday, but Sunday is fathers day, so that's a no go.

LOL on the cheesecake. Ok, back on topic bastards!

Family in Flint, eh?... I'm sorry to hear that. Not a huge fan...and getting robbed...you ain't kidding. My apartment complex there had 15' high chain linked fence with barbed wire around the entire complex.

I'm going because it's where I went to college - Kettering University (GMI). In fact, I'm still going there, except for my Masters via the "distance learning" program.

My brother decided to follow in my shoes and get a degree from there too...he's graduating on Saturday, so I was going to attend the ceremony with my parents and get some free food.

I was thinking about picking this up on my way home...assuming the guy doesn't sell it tomorrow: http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=177839

Family in Flint, eh?... I'm sorry to hear that. Not a huge fan...and getting robbed...you ain't kidding. My apartment complex there had 15' high chain linked fence with barbed wire around the entire complex.

I'm going because it's where I went to college - Kettering University (GMI). In fact, I'm still going there, except for my Masters via the "distance learning" program.

My brother decided to follow in my shoes and get a degree from there too...he's graduating on Saturday, so I was going to attend the ceremony with my parents and get some free food.

I was thinking about picking this up on my way home...assuming the guy doesn't sell it tomorrow: http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=177839

Yeah, Flint ain't too nice. But you're in NE Ohio. Elyria specifically, so no need to throw stones in a glass house. Flint IS bad though. Most of my fam there has left. One more to go..he's moving closer to Lansing. The rest are in Grand Blanc (nice), Saginaw or Ann Arbor (nicer).

Nice bike...that would make a sweet track bike.

The area about 1 sq. mile around campus is nice (We call that the KU Halo), but outside of that, Flint is horrible...unless you're on the west side of SR 75/ Rt 23. I usually got off at Corunna or Miller Rd. The campus is on the east side.

I know what you mean about the glass house :p... The area of Elyria I'm in isn't too bad though. I find this place is like Mansfield in a lot of ways - so the city makes me feel home-y.

As far as the bike goes...dedicated track bike is the plan.

So when we riding?

Well, the weather looks OK in NE Ohio, but down by Millersburg they are calling for rain during the hours I wanna ride. I am thinking of heading west on the highway from lorain, hitting 60 south from there. It takes about an hour from lorain to hit the good stuff.

I'm not gonna be huntin' for corners when it's raining out...so we can either play it by ear and watch the radar tonight, or try to go out and get as far as we can before it looks like we have to turn around.

I've only been down this route once, and there are a lot of places to screw up, so expect a few 'turn arounds'.

What's the word?

Allright..I guess no one is interested. Fuck the ride.

No shit...slow your roll! I was stuck on the road and didn't get a chance to reply even though I'll be soaking up the sun on the beach and guzzling down some beach type drinks starting tomorrow. :D:D:D

No shit...slow your roll! I was stuck on the road and didn't get a chance to reply even though I'll be soaking up the sun on the beach and guzzling down some beach type drinks starting tomorrow. :D:D:D

You don't count....beach bitch!

hey, some of us were sucked into the meeting vortex all day and unable to post. I'm still up for a ride. looks like all the shitty weather is tonight.

Damn, you're coming from Akron..Hmm..

Let's see if we get at least one more person to commit. It's actually better with a small group.