Sedan question

Mowgli1647545497

Originally posted by Powered By Geo:

the new GS430 is going to be out in about 2 months, they're freakin sweet looking with all the new technology. Only 300hp/325ft lbs but if you're going TOO fast you'll pass up all the womens you can get with that beast smile.gif

and hopefully Rod Millen will make a blower for this car too, the toyota V8 + blower + auto trans = cush ride and a good time

There is a limited edition "Esx STI" coming out. 425hp factory direct with warranty and all if your interested.

It's in the newest issue of "turbo" i haven't read the whole article yet though.

but your right the new STS is a barge. What, if any, is the downside of the CTS-V?

Upsides to the CTS-V:

1- World beating chassis. Sigma platform 2nd highest torsional rigidity in a production car. Ever.

2 - world beating suspension and track capability. (Faster than any BMW or Mercedes under $100k around the Nurbergring. Faster than any Japanese production car around it, period. Faster than any American production car around it, sans Viper GTS.)

3 - Monster brakes

4 - 400hp

5 - 6speed manual gives wife pause from driving it

6 - Wierd looks gives wife pause from driving it

7 - 4 doors to fit the oncoming offspring

8 - bigger than a toy sedan but not as large as Capt Stubbing's Love Boat

Downsides to the CTS-V:

1 - 2005 got a guzzler tax, so effective 3k increase over 04

2 - few 04 models left on lots, those that are are usually whipping dogs of salesmen

3 - possible 500hp 06 model, making you feel stupid for buying an 05

4 - 7 inches longer than my cobra - garage squeeze

5 - 8" wheels (8" wheels + 400hp = wtf)

6 - not awd (not sure if this is a + or -)

Anyone know anything about that Acura TL s sedan? Is it AWD? They look nice. I know nothing about them since I tend to not look at Hondas, owing to the fact they haven't yet built a motor I like. But I'd like to be surprised.

[ 17. January 2005, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Mowgli ]

Acura TL is Front Drive and while it has great power many of the recent tests vs less capable cars the Acura has been severly put down becuase it's a front drive platform.

Personally I'll throw out my personal pick in this category being new and for the money...Mercedes C55 AMG. Brand new with lots of bells and whistles it's low 50k range, 360 hp NA V8, Rear wheel drive, all of the class that you won't get with the CTS-V (flame suit on!!!). Biggest downside to the 'Benz is you cannot get a manual transmission. Crown over in Dublin has a georgous black one sitting in the showroom right now stickered at just over 52K.

If you can get past wanting a brand new car buying something a year or two old with low miles on the clock opens up MANY MORE DOORS. The BMW M5 and E55 AMG suddenly become options, both sound more like the perfect fit for what you're looking for if you can just get past that whole buying a new car thing. Just my .02 though.

Mercedes too has taken a ding on quality recently. So much so even regular newspapers write about it. Might have to check the black one sitting in Crown, as I do like Mercs.

But honestly, I've already test driven some C class mercs and honestly the Caddy's interior beats it. Thats what made my hat flip in the first place, I was like "whoa, whats this?". Honest to god, and lord knows I'm not a GM fan so I went in with a critical eye. But I do have a thing for Mercedes I can't explain.

As for the year old M5 - the V beats it performance wise. And everyon'es copied the styling so much that its become pedantic, IMO. The new one has 500hp, but its not for sale in the US til next year, and it'll sticker in the 90s anyway. And iDrive... yuk.

Now the E55... hmm.

Nah, I really don't wanna buy someone elses car. I know, its limiting my choices but its a thing with me now for some reason. It'd always nag me.

Originally posted by recklessOP:

got the numbers?

That was from a video interview of that Chan guy on the Sigma design team. So no.

Originally posted by BDHG940:

keep the cobra

I am volunteering the transition to sedan before its required of me. Married guy tactic.

WTF was i thinking? i think i meant to put down 39,xxx or possibly 49,xxx regaurdless it was a typo. like you said, base msrp is 41,ish.

mowgli it sounds like you've already made up your mind as to what car you want you just want someone to agree with your decision. i think in that price range and for the performance your getting you really can't beat it.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by evan9381:

what about the NEW evo comin out w/ like 400hp, and it supposed to have a better suspension...i dont know if you just dont like the looks of em, or if its somethin else

I think he just doesn't want to buy something japanese.

Originally posted by Eazy E:

I think he just doesn't want to buy something japanese.

No. My last car was a 1999 Eclipse GSX I bought new and loved. The EVO and WRX are just too small for me.

Eh. I aint buying crap in this weather. Most likely come spring if this winter keeps up like this.

Harry's right, I had pretty much settled on a CTS-V but wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something obvious or even unobvious.

...damn 2006 500hp rumors still nagging me...

Originally posted by Mowgli:

No. My last car was a 1999 Eclipse GSX I bought new and loved. The EVO and WRX are just too small for me.

Eh. I aint buying crap in this weather. Most likely come spring if this winter keeps up like this.

Harry's right, I had pretty much settled on a CTS-V but wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something obvious or even unobvious.

...damn 2006 500hp rumors still nagging me...

meh grass is always green on the other side of the fence. even if you wait for the 06 I'm sure after you buy it you will see something else and be like why didn't I wait just a little longer.

Also there is already an aftermarket out there for the engine if your not truely happy witha 05 supercharge it.

Originally posted by still2high:

the new 300c has 425hp

Your thinking of the 300c srt8, which was a possiblity but didn't make the final cut b/c of lack of a manual transmission.

If you buy this spring will the gas guzzler tax be added on? when does that go into effect?