aftermarket mufflers....what's your choice?

1Quik7

tenzig.. true, if you have the cubic inches or just raw power, but you want a point where the exhaust gases aren't restricted but stay hot as to flow quickly and smoothly... correct?

Torque is fun! Wish i had some. It's amazing how many kids slap on any old exhaust, such as a 3" diameter pipe on their 'insert beater car here' and think it'll gain em tons of power. Exhausts should be tuned to the vehicle it's on.

i'm still a bit of a newb so... i just think that resonators or a straight thru muffler would be your best bet.

Originally posted by 500HP RX-7:

Steve,

We can weld in a couple of Magnaflow mufflers which should help. We use them on our resonated midpipes. Lets do this before we put the car on the dyno so my ears dont bleed smile.gif

Jason

i thought about swapping the entire setup for something along those lines, or we could utilize my same exhaust..the only problem is the pipe diameter, i don't think the Magnaflow's are big enough.

Originally posted by 1Quik7:

i thought about swapping the entire setup for something along those lines, or we could utilize my same exhaust..the only problem is the pipe diameter, i don't think the Magnaflow's are big enough.

Swapping the exhaust is probably your best bet. I looked around and cant find any 4 inch resonators. You could probably sell the HKS for $600-700 which would cover a resonated midpipe and a different exhaust.

Jason

Dynomax has a 4" round welded muffler, its a 4" in/out, 6" round and 16" long - though its not stainless. They work really well and are straight through....

jegs PN is 289-17225

Originally posted by rl:

Dynomax has a 4" round welded muffler, its a 4" in/out, 6" round and 16" long - though its not stainless. They work really well and are straight through....

jegs PN is 289-17225

i.e. http://dodgeram.org/ki4cy/exhaust/muff_installed13.jpg

perfect graemlins/thumb.gif

put one of those on every straight stretch you can find.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

i.e. http://dodgeram.org/ki4cy/exhaust/muff_installed13.jpg

perfect graemlins/thumb.gif

put one of those on every straight stretch you can find.

Different muffler. The one I posted is not a bullet muffler, its a 6" welded can muffler with 4" inlet/outlet.

Originally posted by Veritas:

steve what exactly are you running anyways? what's his mug is running a t78 on his... i'm afraid i haven't been in the loop as of late as to who has what done to their 7's

i'm running a T51 on a full-bridge

ahhh... hrmph it'll be a while until i get my engine street ported...but yeah i still stand by the racing beat not being that restrictive and quiet as hell:( im going to go order mine right now...

T.c.

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by NECO:

tenzig.. true, if you have the cubic inches or just raw power, but you want a point where the exhaust gases aren't restricted but stay hot as to flow quickly and smoothly... correct?

Torque is fun! Wish i had some. It's amazing how many kids slap on any old exhaust, such as a 3" diameter pipe on their 'insert beater car here' and think it'll gain em tons of power. Exhausts should be tuned to the vehicle it's on.

i'm still a bit of a newb so... i just think that resonators or a straight thru muffler would be your best bet.

On a turbo car backpressure is NOT your friend.

Guest rperry74
Resonator and a 70 series Flowmaster. It will be quiet and you won't have any scavenging, or backpressure issues. The larger "case" chambered mufflers are quieter, so stay away from the 40 series and such. Of course, it all comes down to how much air are you moving through that exhaust? Borla XR1's are pretty damn quiet.

Originally posted by gearhead559:

go loud be proud of it i got 3" xpipe 2 chamber flowmasters

with all due respect...that aint loud man. ;) I've got a 5.0 no cats, shorty headers a pair of single chamber flowmasters dumped right under my seat, and its not as loud at Steves RX7 by any stretch of the imagineation. You can literaly hear it idle from 1/2 mile away.

Guest Removed
Originally posted by 04636Ninja:

get a Cherry Bomb, it says right on the box "What Legends are made of" LOL

i used the longest one jegs had under my teg it made a noticable diifference