Your better half's car.

nurkvinny

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GSRchick714
You or your wife would know better than anyone on here. Does she want something luxurious, sporty... a coupe, a sedan, a SUV..??

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

You or your wife would know better than anyone on here. Does she want something luxurious, sporty... a coupe, a sedan, a SUV..??

the problem is, you women always send those suttle hints, and as such, we have been conditioned to never belive you when you tell us straight up what you want.

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by i like bewbies:

the problem is, you women always send those suttle hints, and as such, we have been conditioned to never belive you when you tell us straight up what you want.

:confused:

Anyways....if she wants a sedan and doesn't care about speed...get her something reliable and cheap...Honda, Saturn, etc.

Just give her some options from each type and see what she likes best!

...I wish I could get a new car. :(

Wife drives a 2003 Saab 93 Sport Sedan. She loves it. Does great in the snow, and handles and brakes very well. Has enough power (for her)- as she'll use all the power she's given and it gets her into bad scenarios that even she admits she would probably not be able to recover from. (This is someone who once jumped a hill in San Francisco at 80+mph. Jumped. As in caught serious air. In a 90 Ford Probe. LX!) 180hp is all she needs, and its got the stability control and ABS to back her up in those "oh shit" moments.

Saab 93 Sport Sedan - the perfect "Semi-sporty-driving-wife-car".

EDIT: She just emailed me that she saw a red mustang (05) with white stripes and said "Oh I want one of those - you know, as a summer car. Convertible. The 06-07 Cobra, actually, do they make that in auto?" We're about to have a household crisis when the wife gets a more powerful car than me.......

My wife drives a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali, and she loves it. I thought I would never be into SUV's but it's actually a very nice vehicle. Plenty of power (6.0L 320hp/365tq) AWD so its a good winter vehicle (when we are somewhere other than Florida) and it actually handles pretty well for a huge SUV. Only thing I don't like is gas mileage, about 15mpg city and around 19-20mpg highway. Overall it's good all around SUV and worth looking at we got ours used at a good price. If you don't want alot of luxury and don't want to pay too much though a Tahoe or regular Yukon are also very nice SUV wise.

mom drives an 03 Monte SS she absolutely loves the car, it rides great, and has decent power

g/f drives a 02 Cavalier she says "it gets her where she wants to go" I personally dont like the way the car rides so rhere is my .02cents

mom drives a Jeep Liberty and loves it.

g/f drives an 03 Cavalier and I hate it. I dislike it so much I refuse to let her drive anywhere. we ended up taking it to Chicago the other weekend to save miles on my car which was nice but a 6'3'' person isn't supposed to be driving that car.

step-sister has an 01 Accord and loves it but makes my brother drive everywhere in his car which already gets enough milage because his car is his work car which he drives all day long. And when his car breaks down she won't let him drive hers unless he wants to pay 10 cents a mile and bring it back with a full tank. In this case I hate my step-sister and want to break my foot off in her a$$.

rant over

garrett

2004 Sorento. Was 7K less than the next best alternative and has a bad ass warranty. By the time its out of warranty we'll probably have moved on. She loves it, gets average suv gas milage. We've had no issues with it so far, been a great car.

Wifey drives a 2000 Passat GLX (fully loaded) V6 5speed manual. She only drives stick. It's got 52k miles on it , rear-ended by a drunk driver at 2500 miles, rebuilt, and it's still a tank of a car. Reliability is a little off...sunroof leaks and power steering pump is noisy and needs to be replaced.

The ONLY car she wants to replace the Passat is a CTS-V. She doesn't want an automatic, or some German sport sedan with a 6cyl and a manual. Shes a good woman. smile.gif