Your better half's car.

nurkvinny

Funny, my old roomate has a fairly loaded Alero his parents bought him new in 01, and it's been very reliable for him.

My g/f drives an 00 Neon. Auto and slower than turtle turds. I really can't say much positive for it, other than it hasn't required too much money invested into it, due to me doing the labor (as a couple things would have been big $$ w/ shop labor).

She likes it, but I think that's because it is the first car of her own; her parents bought it for her a few years ago. I know she would like something faster (dunno why, she doesn't drive fast) and flashier. She definately wants an F-body, but can't afford one, or any other car for that matter.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FastSaleen

My 97 Cougar is my wife's ride. She loves it! Power everything, leather, sunroof, etc.

Huge Hint - whatever you get her, get it fully loaded. When I brought home the Cougar and she saw everything that it had, she fell in love with it. This car is only missing 5 options that came on a '97 XR7. Oh, yeah - her ride before the Cougar was actually my old tow vehicle - a fully loaded 1999 Ford E350 van. Her ride before that was a fully loaded 1973 Cadillac El Dorado. Do you see the similarities here - the words "FULLY LOADED".

Guest RdHondaSi

Her summer car is a 2001 Porsche Boxster and her winter car is a drastic change: a 97 Geo Metro.

She doesn't like the Metro cause it doesn't have even moderate power, but it was cheap and if something happens to it, no biggie, plus with snow tires it has great traction in the winter.

The Metro is being used to teach my daughter how to drive, and eventually in a few months my son.

As you would expect, Maintenance on the Boxster is high, but it has good pickup, drives well and still pretty reliable at 81,000 miles. The main feature of course is being a convertible.

Guest RdHondaSi
Originally posted by Ricochet:

I'm glad you live faaaar away from me haha

We'll go driving around while you are at drill, and wait for you all to go to lunch :D She can practice parallel parking next to your car.....

2004 Toyota Matrix, definitely not something powerful, but she loves it. And it gets great gas mileage to boot! 30mpg city, 38 freeway. We actually just bought it last weekend. It's her first manual and she already loves it, me too as it was cheap and should be reliable being a toyota.

Well, my better half has an '00 Alero. Like Nurk Vinny wife's car, her car looks great. Only has 36k on it. She bought it new. The car went through some electrical problems more times than I want to remeber to the point I had to take off work and drive up to Chesrown GMC Town to give them an earfull as they tried to take advantage of a woman. Right now, it is still cheaper to repair than buy a new car.

Guest MX3Chick

I love my Stratus, its roomy (Ive actually had big people in the backseat that didnt bitch) and I can fit all my junk in it.

My mom drives a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee and loves it.

My ex-better half drives a 02 Wrangler. I wouldnt recommend that to anyone, its only nice to have when the weather is nice.