Car just got "Detailed"

Kohones

Wow, I just picked up vette from having it detailed at Finishing Touch on North rt 23 (just above polaris). I don't have time nor the talent, man they did a nice job! Swirl marks are virtually GONE. Lil expensive but she looks great. Now if I can just keep people off of it, no leaning, putting butts on fenders etc I'll be o'tay! I'd get one of those velour ropes with 4 poles to put around it at Jegs on Saturday nites - but I'm sure that velour rope wouldn't last 5 minutes?? ha ha smile.gif

I paid (with tax) a total of $203.86. They did whole car, the real work for them was dealing with the swirl marks in that electron blue paint. They also removed those lil (bumps on the front nose) from loose impediments on roadway etc. I'm very pleased with their work -- graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Buck531:

I'd detail an entire car for $120. Inside and out. engine too. And I'll use Zaino..

People have been raving about the Zaino, and I've wanted to try it, but (a) I haven't had the time lately to devote to a full detail; and (b) it seems like there's a lot of pricey materials you have to purchase to do it the Zaino way.

In sum, I may ask to take you up on that offer.

That is alot for a detail :eek: But if you're happy that's all that matters ;)

As for Zaino, it sucks for the price. Meguiars NXT is the new hotness, plus it's cheaper and availabe anywhere you buy car care products :cool:

Originally posted by 00 NHRA T/A:

As for Zaino, it sucks for the price. Meguiars NXT is the new hotness, plus it's cheaper and availabe anywhere you buy car care products :cool:

Go take a look at Blackbird 99 T/A's car (4 year old black car with no swirl marks) and tell me Zaino isn't worth the money. Or Trevor's new car. Zaino is awesome, it just costs a lot and is time consuming.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Go take a look at Blackbird 99 T/A's car (4 year old black car with no swirl marks) and tell me Zaino isn't worth the money. Or Trevor's new car.

Thanks for remembering my car, Joe. graemlins/thumb.gif

Zaino > *. Those who use it religously know what I mean... :cool:

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Go take a look at Blackbird 99 T/A's car (4 year old black car with no swirl marks) and tell me Zaino isn't worth the money. Or Trevor's new car. Zaino is awesome, it just costs a lot and is time consuming.

Have you seen any cars yet that use NXT? I can't wait to bring my car out with this stuff on it. My car looks better now than the day I bought it graemlins/thumb.gif

Red Z28

NBM Firehawk

Black WS6

Guys, I used NXT on my Vette two weeks ago and IT IS THE SHIZZY. My used Vette looks like I bought it new last year and have been taking great care of it since.

NXT = $15. Zaino = $80+

NXT = one bottle, one application, easy off, two weeks of excellent protection

Zaino = many products, many applications, requires maintenance.

NXT > Zaino.

TREV Posting... Zaino is expensive, and a bit inconvenient to get your hands on, but Joe is right....Zaino is amazing. Seans formula, Adams TA and My 30th Anniv TA look amazing with it. And it just needs a gloss enhancer to bring back the luster... it is quick and easy. And they are not lying when they say, the more coats, the deeper the shine. I could tell the diff between two coats and i have a white car. it also puts a protective barrier on a car like i have never seen before. Excellent stuff, but probably only worth it to folks as anal about our cars as we are.

Sorry just read the responses =

1) no they didn't do engine bay

2) I'm happy

3) I'll definately be talking to some of you that responded, next year when it's time for re-do. Sounds like I could've saved some dough & recieved the same outcome (if not better). See some of you folks tonight -- smile.gif

I just did the wifes WRX, and my Wrx this weekend with Zaino I'll post pics tonight. As tested in a magazine, Zaino has been rated THE BEST WAX/CAR POLISH on the market. The magazine tested over 40 waxes and polishes.

http://www.gurureports.org/specialreports/waxtest.1.html

ZAINO>anything else.