To all you Z06 owners

GMHTP driver took a broken in, bone stock down to the paper airfilter and tire pressure, 04 Z06 to 11.9x @ 119-120 (can't remember exactly, I have the article somewhere). Good driving, good weather, and good track.

But high 13's in one....that's inexcusable!!

Wow Mr Stock this n' that? The real truth is =

* Marion raceway sucks, NO TRACTION, period

* Because I was disappointed in Marion & I wanted to see what I could do / I was at Norwalk with the COFBA group two weeks ago.

* on street tires, no appreciable mods, I ran a 12.63 @ 114 mph, 60 ft was 2.066

* I also "kringed" that day as I watched a yellow Z06 with big "stickies" on the back, let out as last yellow lite was goin out & then nothing? Rear end went I guess????

As an ol man, I was pleased with both my times & my lil electron blue Vette. Shit now I need to start thinking about new tires? :D

Guest Scoobysnack

Well I don't own one, but up at trails about a year ago I was talking to a guy with a Z06. He said he just had an intake and it looked like he was on street tires.

He went on to run a 13.3x. I don't remember the trap speed, but I do remember him losing the rear end alittle past the 60' mark.

Originally posted by ScoobySnack:

Well I don't own one, but up at trails about a year ago I was talking to a guy with a Z06. He said he just had an intake and it looked like he was on street tires.

He went on to run a 13.3x. I don't remember the trap speed, but I do remember him losing the rear end alittle past the 60' mark.

Appearently Trials is duH suxxor 2. Ive never had any problems, but i havent driven any cars up there that have had enough power to really notice it.

Typical newbies run mid-high 12's on crap tracks with the 02+ Z's. The 01's usually run a little slower but not all, many 01 freaks out there.

On a excellent track, I have seen bone stock Z06's 02+ run 11's @ 118mph! With a better than average driver, those cars fly!

It's all track prep and driver!

The new Z06's should run mid 11's @ 124mph+ when they start hitting the streets.