Good Starter Bike?

Crash1647545504

Posting for a friend.

My friend wants to get a bike, He dosnt know a whole lot about the typed there are. What would be a good, decent looking sports bike to start out on.

He isnt interested in goin 200mph, he just wants somthing that is light but mildly quick, looks prety nice, somthing he can learn to take ride on and take twisties in.

Any suggestions on what to get, or where to shop?

a hayabusa,R1,ZX-10,RC51......any bike 1000cc and over is a good starter bike....... IM JP, yeah the ex500 ninja is a GREAT starter bike. I have one right now cuz ive only been riding for a total of like 6 months and its a great bike! Tell him not to be stupid and get something ridiculously fast like some of the new 600's.

yep EX is a great starter bike, thats what i rode for a year before i got the 636...if your a brand new rider it feels fast, after about a year or so you'll want something bigger, dont make the same mistake i did and buy a new one, get a used one the 94-05 models r identical except for the color.

Well, peer pressure has lead me to get a bike myself now ;) (not that I didn't want to anyway). My dad will only alow me to get one if I finance one and he co-signs.(I need to start building credit)

I was looking at 01-04 Honda CBR600's, are they alright bikes? I also looked at a 00 (I think) Kawasaki ninja 500 and also saw a 750. Is the 750 just a much faster bike, that I don't want to mess with right now? And the last bike I looked at was a GSXR.

Opinions on these bikes for a new rider?

i would definatly recomend an sv 650 but they have totally different power delivery than an inline four. if you are stuck on getting an inline four and have to have something bigger than a ex 500 i wouldnt get anything newer or bigger than an early cbr f2. also my 91 ninja 600r was a bad ass starter bike.