New pics from Sat..

flounder

So I ended up doing a last minute track day on sat. Well my buddy has an interest in photography and came up with his setup and ended up snapping over 400 photos. We showed a few of them to Monte and he may actually end up getting to be one of the track photographers for Mid O STT events. I also had my on board camera setup but I dont have those vids edited and uploaded yet. Any ways, here are some pics..

_MG_4973.jpg

_MG_4986.jpg

_MG_4987.jpg

_MG_5076.jpg

_MG_5077.jpg

_MG_5095.jpg

_MG_5116.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More,, Here is one of Lizard

_MG_5172.jpg

And more of me.

_MG_5280.jpg

I think these are pretty cool with Lizard in the background. I had asked him to follow me a few laps and critique me.. As usual his only advice was go faster brake harder dont be a pussy... Worthless bastard that guy.. So the truth is he was actually trying to keep up but couldnt .hahahahah

_MG_5275.jpg

_MG_5274.jpg

_MG_5284.jpg

_MG_5281.jpg

_MG_5286.jpg

_MG_5285.jpg

The day was awesome, I ended up running really consistent lap times at what I feel is a good pace. By the end of the 2nd session, I was averaging 1:44 lap times with repeated 1:43's.. Not bad for a non racer as well as having Intermediate and Advanced group together so there was some traffic... Another instructor and even Lizard complimented which Im sure will be the first and last time he does that.

I will work on getting the videos uploaded.

flounder I got that brembo MC installed, it feels really good. You should get one Mr.Moneybags. I bet you would feel a bit more confident to brake later, and then someday maybe you can get real pics of Lizard behind you.

Lizard how do I get Kristen a job being a track nurse or doing first aid? Do I contact Mid-Ohio of STT???

Nice pics, Flounder. Its always coold to get those freebies :D

Anyway, one thing that helped me go faster was to get my upper body off the bike more. Dont "rotate" - keep your shoulders perpendicular to the bike so you have to look "outside" the windscreen.

Once I started doing that, the bike seemed to corner better with less effort.

Just my $.02

is the sticker on your bike for ASSHOLE???? :lol:

looks really good man...when do you start dragging elbows?

They give you a sticker to show what group your in so you dont ride out in the wrong group. And also so that they can put their mark on it once you pass tech inspection.

A - Advanced

I - Intermediate

N - Novice

They give you a sticker to show what group your in so you dont ride out in the wrong group. And also so that they can put their mark on it once you pass tech inspection.

A - Advanced

I - Intermediate

N - Novice

_MG_5281.jpg

This one the BP is dang near perfect. Todd is right, but don't push for it until you can relax on the bars.

It is hard to tell, but it looks like you have a tight grip. One thing you could try is on the longer corners open your left hand to remind yourself to relax. This helps me a lot on the 20 lap races and especially on the bumpy long corners of Nelson. It is hard to do in back section cause you are constantly changing direction, but Carosel, Key hole, T1, and some over the hill in T7 are good places.

I can't wait to see the video. Did Lizard give you some line pointers this time around now that you are running at a fast pace?

where is the 1 of me draggin my pipe damn u guys... lol j/k there is no way i could do all that shyt looks fun though

I have metal flakes on my pipe from dragging my brake pedal and rearsets.. The shifter lever and the rearsets on the other side are ground down also from dragging them.

Time to invest in some aftermarket adjustable rearsets.

I have metal flakes on my pipe from dragging my brake pedal and rearsets.. The shifter lever and the rearsets on the other side are ground down also from dragging them.

Time to invest in some aftermarket adjustable rearsets.

If you get your upper body off the bike more, you wont have to lean it as much.

Are you still running the stock rear sets?